Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!

<< < (14/44) > >>

Carter-Orange:
Readers survey (To be completed once the person reading your story is finished)

Story:

Person reading it: Carterkid (Chris)

1) When you found out this person was reading your story what were your initial thoughts? I just hoped that she'd like it.

2) Did your reader leave you an adequate amount of feedback and was it helpful to you? Yes, she left feedback every few chapters.

3) Did you find yourself going back to read your story as a result of the feedback? Just one chapter where I was asked about it and so I had to read to see which part it was.

4) Do you have any questions for the person reading your story? No, can't think of anything.

5) Overall did you find the experience a good one or a bad one? I enjoyed it.

RokofAges75:
Halfway there survey

Name of story:  Finding Carter

1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise?  Yes

2) So far who is your favorite character and why?
AJ is my favorite because he resembles his real-life Backstreet Boy self the most and because he's mysterious.  He seemed like a typical drunk frat boy douche in the beginning, but now it seems like he might be a nicer guy than I thought.

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? (Sometimes authors get a kick out of seeing what a reader thinks will happen and how predictable they may or may not be)
I'm not sure how it will end, but I do think Nick and Brian are going to find out they're brothers.

4) Do you feel like the summary the author gave accurately describes the story you are reading? Would there be anything you would include or omit?
I think the summary works.  It's a little vague, other than saying it's a story about Nick going to college, but I like vague.  I'm more likely to click on a story with a vague summary than one that gives away too many details.

5) Has there been any big surprises/plot twists or just overall observations?
If I'm right, Nick and Brian being related will be a good plot twist.  I was also surprised about the feud with Howie; I didn't expect Howie to be the villain of the story.

6) If this wasn't a challenge story and you didn't have to continue reading, would you have stopped already? If so please explain why.
I actually did start reading this story when Tracy was writing it last summer and stopped mainly because I got busy with school starting and fell behind.  If I had gotten further in it, I might have continued reading because it's a cute, well-written story.  What might have made me stop is the fact that most of the characters don't really seem like the Backstreet Boys I know.  It's an AU, so they're not supposed to be "The Backstreet Boys," per se, but when I'm reading a fanfic, I want the guys to still seem like themselves, even if they're not a boyband, and I'm missing that in this story.  I think if it were original fiction and I weren't trying to picture the guys as these characters, I would have an easier time enjoying it.

7) Has there been any glaring errors that have stuck out? (I'm not talking about the occasional missed period, typo or spelling/grammar errors but huge mistakes that need to be pointed out that the author might not be aware of)
No, not really.  Especially given that she writes on her phone, Tracy does a great job with spelling, punctuation, and all that.  I haven't noticed any major plot holes or anything like that either.  I was confused early on about the relationship between Nick, Kevin, and Brian, but now I see that that's an important part of the plot, so it makes sense to me now.

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot?
What made you want to write a story about Nick going to college?

mare:
You guys are making me so happy! lol

carterkid:
Halfway there survey (Only to be completed once you have gotten at least halfway through your story)

Name of story:Us Against the World

1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise? yes

2) So far who is your favorite character and why? Brian cause he is my favorite bsb

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? (Sometimes authors get a kick out of seeing what a reader thinks will happen and how predictable they may or may not be) yes

4) Do you feel like the summary the author gave accurately describes the story you are reading? Would there be anything you would include or omit? yes the summary fit

5) Has there been any big surprises/plot twists or just overall observations? no big plot twist

These are the harder questions, but don't be afraid to answer them. Remember we all signed on to this knowing and expecting to get and give constructive criticism.

6) If this wasn't a challenge story and you didn't have to continue reading, would you have stopped already? If so please explain why. I feel as if I would have stopped but not because the story was bad just cause I got bored reading

7) Has there been any glaring errors that have stuck out? (I'm not talking about the occasional missed period, typo or spelling/grammar errors but huge mistakes that need to be pointed out that the author might not be aware of) nope

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot? nope

carterkid:
Final survey (To be completed after finishing the story you are reading)

Name of story: Us Against the World

1) What was the biggest challenge for you when reading this story? It was kind of drawn out and I got bored

2) Did you find yourself looking forward to reading as you were going along or did it feel like homework? after a while, It felt like homework

3) What was your favorite scene/chapter in the story? Ah, the whole thing?...lol it was only one chapter

4) Was your favorite character at the halfway point still your favorite at the end? yep

5) Who was your least favorite character and why? none

6) If there was a sequel to this story would you be interested in reading it? she was going to make that story chapter 1 of another story,if that happens than yes I would read it

7) Were you happy with the ending? yes

8) Name the biggest surprise in the story and did you see it coming? (If there was one) nope,it don't have one

9) What was this stories biggest strength? very touching

10) What was it's biggest weakness? drawn out

11) Did reading this story make you want to try another one from this author? yes

12) Give us one final review that sums up your experience reading this, maybe explain why you gave the kind of feedback you did or if you would have perhaps picked a different story from this one?

13) Did you prefer the way we did the challenge this year or did you like the pairings better? I liked it this year

14) Did the author respond to your feedback? I just posted it tonight she hasn't seen it yet

15) Any final thoughts or questions for the author? nope

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version