Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!

<< < (18/44) > >>

mare:
Hello! Doing my Saturday check in!

Congrats to Emily, Julie and Chris for finishing the challenge! The reading part, anyway. I know some of you are still waiting on the reader's survey but that's all you have to worry about now! KUDOS!

My goal for you this week was going to be to get at least one halfway there survey done but going down the list most of you have already done that. So now is the time when I start handing out little individual goals. If you're name is not here this week, it means you're going at a good pace. I'll only assign you something if I feel like you might need that extra push.

Cinzia and Ritz - your goal is to have at least one halfway there survey done
Steph - your goal is to complete the reader's survey for Story of My Life

Everyone else is about on track. Try to keep going, so far it seems like everyone is rocking this challenge! :)

Remember you can always check the very first post of this thread to see where everyone is in terms of the challenge!

Happy Reading!

Carter-Orange:
Story: Story Of My Life

Person reading it: Emily

1) When you found out this person was reading your story what were your initial thoughts? I didn't really know what to think as I'm not familiar with Emily's writing and haven't seen her on here a lot.

2) Did your reader leave you an adequate amount of feedback and was it helpful to you? Yes, Emily left feedback on every chapter and it was good to hear her thoughts on what I could've done more if the story hadn't been just a short challenge story.

3) Did you find yourself going back to read your story as a result of the feedback? Yes, because I wrote this story about 2 or 3 years ago, I couldn't remember much about it.  So when Emily mentioned there being a lot of swearing, I had to go back and see lol.

4) Do you have any questions for the person reading your story? None that I can think of right now.

5) Overall did you find the experience a good one or a bad one? I enjoyed the experience.

Alexsgirl_ritz:
I am on my way to halfway there survey for your story, Mare. and when I'm done with you story, I will be starting Steph's, hopefully by next week. :)

Alexsgirl_ritz:
Just finished Chapter 8 of 15, so, I guess I'll do this one.

Halfway there survey (Only to be completed once you have gotten at least halfway through your story)

Name of story: Four Santas Too Many

1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise? Yes! After the first chapter, you'll probably have an idea of what's going to happen.

2) So far who is your favorite character and why? In Mare's story, Nick is always my favorite. I love how she writes Nick.

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? (Sometimes authors get a kick out of seeing what a reader thinks will happen and how predictable they may or may not be) Actually, No. Because Mare wrote this one and anything can happen. But, I am hoping for a happy ending. I am really hoping that Baylee's christmas is not ruined. lol

4) Do you feel like the summary the author gave accurately describes the story you are reading? Would there be anything you would include or omit? yes.

5) Has there been any big surprises/plot twists or just overall observations? None yet. I am enjoying it as it is.

These are the harder questions, but don't be afraid to answer them. Remember we all signed on to this knowing and expecting to get and give constructive criticism.

6) If this wasn't a challenge story and you didn't have to continue reading, would you have stopped already? If so please explain why.  No. Because I enjoy thr boys' conversations. The interaction between the boys are so good.

7) Has there been any glaring errors that have stuck out? (I'm not talking about the occasional missed period, typo or spelling/grammar errors but huge mistakes that need to be pointed out that the author might not be aware of) No. But if I will compare Mare's writing style on this story to her most recent. She improved so much. I don't know how to explain but it seems she got 100 times better now. :)

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot?
None as of the moment

mare:
^ Thanks, Ritz! I think one of the reasons I chose all older stories for this challenge was to see how much I have grown from when I started to write all those years ago! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version