Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: Question of the day part 10  (Read 90837 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Question of the day part 10
« Reply #255 on: July 29, 2013, 12:48:11 PM »

Could you mold me a chocolate Brian?  I would probably write for that. LOL

I can try lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #256 on: July 29, 2013, 12:55:58 PM »

There aren't any names that would put me off reading a story, even if the name was really weird.  I'm not fussed on family members in stories for too long either, once they've done their bit they can go.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #257 on: July 29, 2013, 01:02:27 PM »

Bad spelling. Literally. Bad spelling. It doesn't take too much to use Google and still, in the Italian fandom, there are so many bad spelling of names (Bryan.  ??? ??? ??? How can you mistake one of the BSB's name? How?), cities... that I can't keep on reading.

This is so irritating! If I saw Bryan in a summary I won't even click into a story. Nicholas, I can forgive (though it still bothers me) but Bryan... come on. That's not even the common spelling of the name.

Maybe they are trying to give in the Mary-Sue version of his name? lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

usako

« Reply #258 on: July 29, 2013, 01:05:52 PM »

This is so irritating! If I saw Bryan in a summary I won't even click into a story. Nicholas, I can forgive (though it still bothers me) but Bryan... come on. That's not even the common spelling of the name.

Maybe they are trying to give in the Mary-Sue version of his name? lol

They even had the nickname Bry.  ??? ??? ???

usako

« Reply #259 on: July 29, 2013, 01:08:04 PM »

That's the first time I have ever been told I was "damn good" I  really flattered by that compliment so thank you!!!

;) Your welcome.

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #260 on: July 29, 2013, 02:02:10 PM »

About the name of characters, I honestly can stand any names. The 'Rowena' thing is personal. That's the name I never wanna hear for the rest of my life, if possible. LOL. And since I hate her (the real person), I don't want her to be associated with Nick Carter.  :D
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #261 on: July 29, 2013, 02:40:54 PM »

If you could only use one word to describe yourself as a fanfic writer, what would it be?

What about one word to describe other fanfic writers?

Ok catching up! So, reading the comments you guys all said about me... I was seriously blushing. You're all far too generous with your praise but thank you!!

I would describe myself as ambitious. It's both a good thing and a bad thing as far as my writing goes. I'm ambitious enough to take a chance on an idea that would otherwise never make it to the page but it can also get me into trouble because I often jump in too quickly and don't think things through enough to  make sure I can make it through to the end.

As for the rest of you... I wish I could say things about more writers but unfortunately I haven't been much of a reader as of late (as I've previously mentioned) so there's a lot of people that I chat with on the forums that I'm not overly familiar with as writers. Some day I will hopefully be able to add more to this list based on writing, but I will add some based on what I know of you as people. :)

Mare: Consistent. I always know what to expect with Mare. I'm not saying she's predictable, far from it! She's consistent in the sense that I always know that her stories will be brilliant, dialogue-driven, (often) full of suspense, (always) with an air of humour and most of all - completely unpredictable.

Saka-Steph: Expansive. She's the only person I know who seems to have an easy time crossing over into different genres without damaging the integrity of the fandoms. For me, it would be hard to remember all the little traits about all the members of BSB then write a 1D fic and remember the same things about the guys in that group. Steph doesn't make generic characters that could fit as anyone, she really knows these guys.

Julie: Confident. In my mind there aren't a whole lot of authors on AC that are as solid as Julie. She's a fantastic writer with an uncanny ability to learn an extensive amount about the subject of her stories and write it as though it were second nature to her. She could be making it all up but I would believe that it was true because her words are so believable and real, I wouldn't question it.

Rose: Bold. Rose doesn't back down when the subject matter may get controversial or uncomfortable. She is willing to go with the flow and let the story dictate where it should go rather than restricting it to the confines of what may be considered more conventional.

Hannah: Sincere. There's a certain amount of honesty that you can feel in Hannah's writing. She has her moments where she can be silly and can write some really humourous moments but there's other times, when it gets more serious, that you can tell she puts a lot of personal experiences into her words and lets her own feelings come through the mouths of her characters.

UK-Steph: Imaginative. Similarly to Rose, Steph is another one that doesn't let convention hold her back. Her mind is a little bit twisted and she just goes with it. She and I are very similar in our love of historical fanfic and I love that she is another person who is willing to go into writing something knowing that it won't be most people's cup of tea, but do it anyway because it's something she would want to read.

Tracy: Silly. From what I've read of Tracy's work, she has an ability of injecting humour into a serious situation. It can be hard to read serious situations but Tracy has a talent for keeping an lightness about it.

Cinzia: Unwavering. A lot of the writers from Cinzia's genre have disappeared and it's not an overly popular genre anymore. While that might be an excuse for anyone else to move on, Cinzia has clearly used this as an opportunity to inject new life into things and revive it. That's just awesome. :)

Emily: Real. I've said in my attempts at writing romance in the past that I wanted to achieve a realness about it that it would seem to anyone reading who had ever been in a relationship like something that could happen to a regular couple. Emily completely achieves this. I haven't had an opportunity to really get into her stuff yet (though I've bookmarked it for completion!) but from what I've seen she has achieved "real".
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #262 on: July 29, 2013, 03:08:41 PM »

Ah, thank you! You are too kind :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #263 on: July 29, 2013, 03:18:56 PM »

Aww sweet! Thanks, Julilly! But you knew I would come in here and say that because I'm consistent!  :D
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #264 on: July 29, 2013, 03:23:40 PM »

Thanks Julilly :)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #265 on: July 29, 2013, 03:34:38 PM »

Aww sweet! Thanks, Julilly! But you knew I would come in here and say that because I'm consistent!  :D

Yeah, I might have been anticipating it... not that you're predictable, just consistent LOL
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #266 on: July 29, 2013, 03:40:29 PM »

LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2013, 03:43:01 PM »

I wanted to thank everyone for their one word descriptions! I love you guys  ;D.

So, it took me awhile to come up with all the descriptions. I'm bad with those kinda of things so I apologize if they sounds weird.

Rose, Julie, Mare: Teachers, in the sense that I've always look up to all of your works and you're all my top3 BSB writers. And through your stories I've learned so many new words and, especially thanks to Julie, my medical dictionary is a lot bigger.

Tracy: Creative. I've read some of your works and they're always unique and original. As others have said, don't bring yourself down because you're damn good.

Carter - Orange: Twisted. I've only read "Save a Prayer" and that's why I've come up with that word.

Ritz: I can't come up with one word but you've managed to make me read and love a Nick-centered story so kudos!

Julilly: Original. All of your stories are so different from each other and they stand up from the normal genre.

And a colletive word for everyone: friendly. Once I got past my shyness and fear to post, I've found myself in a place where it's so easy to talk and share this passion we all have. So thank you.  :)

:bighug:

Awww! Thanks! I'm a lil shocked I'm grouped with Mare and Julie. Even now because I remember the days where they were what I looked up to, wanted to be writing wise.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2013, 06:22:52 PM »

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am in a really good mood today cause of that!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am in a really good mood today cause of that!

And thank you for saying I inspire you! I really appreciate that! :)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36