Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 11  (Read 113985 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions to ponder part 11
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2014, 06:57:06 AM »

Whoa that's a pretty great question. I have never thought about it actually.

I think the writing process excites me but it's more the reaction from the readers that I most look forward to so I guess that would end up being the finished product?

I do get that tingly excited feeling when I'm really into writing something though. That feeling of "I can't wait to be able to continue writing on this!" thing can feel like the best drug in the world. I'm going through withdrawal at the moment though. :( Which is funny because I'm in a total writing mood today.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2014, 02:49:19 PM »

For me it varies from story to story.  There have been stories like Broken and BMS that I loved writing so much, I can honestly say I enjoyed the process as much as or more than the final product.  Then there are those stories, like Secrets of the Heart, that were a total pain in the ass to write, but once I finished them, I loved the final product.

I also look forward to the readers' reactions, which makes me want to rush through the process just to get to a product I can post.  I'm trying to make myself slow down and just enjoy the process.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2014, 09:24:53 PM »

Hi! Thought I'd join in. I can't speak much about BSB fics but I've always loved the process of writing. When I finish something, I get a feeling of satisfaction and relief because I don't have to worry about meeting a deadline or anything but the writing process is always fun! Plus, reading people's reviews chapter by chapter can be really motivating!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2014, 11:21:13 PM »

I agree!  I think that's the best part about posting while you're writing; the feedback is so motivating!  I can't imagine how hard it must be for published writers to have to wait so long for people to read their books!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2014, 06:36:00 AM »

Writers constantly have people reading their rough drafts and getting feedback, although not as fun because it's mostly Change this, do that, remove this, add that lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2014, 11:32:21 AM »

Yeah, I know, but that's just it - the people who are reading their work are like beta-readers and editors, not just READERS.  They're looking to pick it apart, not just enjoy it.  It has to be hard to wait so long for the general public to read your book just for pleasure!
~Julie

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2014, 09:05:39 PM »

Yeah, that must be horrid. Doing my thesis it's been 'no you're doing it wrong' 'your spelling and grammar are atrocious" "why'd you put that in there? There's no point" etc etc. Very demoralising at times.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #187 on: February 12, 2014, 06:59:16 PM »

If you were a celebrity, how do you think you'd be perceived? Would you be loved, hated etc... I was thinking about this after reading people's comments on Nick missing Angel's wedding and then Jared Padlecki getting hammered for speaking his thoughts on Justin Beiber and Philip Seymore Hoffman's death.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #188 on: February 12, 2014, 07:42:27 PM »

Hm... I think I would be one of those character actors who flies under the radar.  No one would know my name, but they'd recognize my face.  "Oh, she's the girl from..."  I wouldn't get much press, but maybe someday I'd get a Best Supporting Actress nod.
~Julie

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #189 on: February 12, 2014, 08:02:57 PM »

LOL I would definitely be hated hahaha Or maybe have a mixed audience like Mark Wahlberg - you either hate him or you love him

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #190 on: February 12, 2014, 09:56:28 PM »

I'd get heat lol. I'm too opinionated but is be the one who's pick weird roles like Johnny Depp.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #191 on: February 13, 2014, 05:26:38 AM »

I think I'd definitely fly under the radar but might be one of those polarizing ones that you either love or hate but mostly when asked people would say, "Who? Oh her..." lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #192 on: February 13, 2014, 02:29:43 PM »

Hmm, I'd be the kind of person who no one really took notice of, kind of in the background lol

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2014, 12:39:10 AM »

I would be that person people go "do you know that girl Tracy what's her face?" "yeah she was in that movie with the guy, i cant remember what it was" LOL.

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2014, 12:59:06 AM »

"What's her/his face?" is my favourite question to ask when I don't know a celeb. That and 'you know that guy?' lol
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44