Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 11  (Read 110268 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Questions to ponder part 11
« Reply #240 on: February 27, 2014, 11:49:39 AM »

Hmmm I could see me and Nick being friends because we are both nerds. I could see me hanging with him and Brian because we all like basketball. Brian would be the cute friendly jock that hangs out with anyone. Kevin would be out of my league cause he is mysterious so I would want to know him but never get.the courage to talk to him. AJ would be that kid I would say hi to in the hall to be nice but wonder what was with him. Howie seems like he would be the quiet one in class that was always observing everyone else. I don't see him in my group of friends either.

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2014, 12:34:33 AM »

I have a question which probably has been asked before, but since I'm fairly new to the forums, I am curious to know your answers.

So, what fics will you absolutely not read? Genre-wise or whatever.

To answer my own question, I only have two types of fics that I won't go near: Romance of any kind (I even hate it when the wives/fiances are in it too much) and fics with diseases that lead to death because they terrify me lol

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2014, 03:12:58 AM »

I don't think there is anything I wouldnt read. I would have said slash but I have read it. I will pretty much try anything once.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2014, 07:57:19 AM »

I pretty much have tried everything. I have no real desire to ever read a slash again or romance in general. Also not a giant AU fan either and I also tend to stay away from overly gory stories and also don't really enjoy it when one or more of the boys die or are physically tortured. I'm a very picky reader. lol

I do stay away from stories that do not have one of the boys as the main character. I don't really give a rat's ass if Chastity Bellbottoms is having a rough llife but thanks to AJ it's getting better. Yay? Who cares? lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2014, 10:31:41 AM »

There's nothing I absolutely won't read.  I like certain genres better than others, but I have read at least something from every genre.  I tend to not read slash, really "out there" sci-fi/fantasy, and fluffy romance.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2014, 10:46:26 AM »

There's nothing I absolutely won't read.  I like certain genres better than others, but I have read at least something from every genre.  I tend to not read slash, really "out there" sci-fi/fantasy, and fluffy romance.

Same here!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2014, 11:15:37 AM »

I've missed a few!

OK, so as for the time period I'd love to see the boys in...I'll go for medieval England.  Think Merlin-type stuff and I'd love to read/write that :)

Howie would probably be in my circle of friends in high school.  I was sort of unpopular and a bit of a nerd lol.

As for which genre I won't read, I used to say slash but I've read a couple of decent ones.  Therefore there is nothing I won't read :)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2014, 09:42:50 PM »

I'm a very picky reader. And while there's genres I don't click on, if something is intriguing enough I give it a shot. Like Julie's current Slash, which is something I never thought I'd say haha.

But typically I won't read romance as I prefer it as a subplot, and slash. Mainly because I have a really hard time making it gel in my head. It's too out there a thought. (Even more so than fantasy lol)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #248 on: March 02, 2014, 02:07:42 AM »

I pretty much have tried everything. I have no real desire to ever read a slash again or romance in general. Also not a giant AU fan either and I also tend to stay away from overly gory stories and also don't really enjoy it when one or more of the boys die or are physically tortured. I'm a very picky reader. lol

I do stay away from stories that do not have one of the boys as the main character. I don't really give a rat's ass if Chastity Bellbottoms is having a rough llife but thanks to AJ it's getting better. Yay? Who cares? lol

I second everything you said Mare, except for the part about AU. Isn't AU (my understanding is that this is an Alternate Universe) the main genre for some of your stories though, like Protect and Serve for instance?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #249 on: March 02, 2014, 05:09:05 AM »

I second everything you said Mare, except for the part about AU. Isn't AU (my understanding is that this is an Alternate Universe) the main genre for some of your stories though, like Protect and Serve for instance?

Yup! I like to write them but not read them lol honestly, I tend to like AU's only if the boys are related in some way because it's the brotherly aspect of them that I enjoy. When that gets taken away there's really nothing else for me to cling on to.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #250 on: March 02, 2014, 05:11:05 AM »

I forgot about Julie's slash. I might try that one this summer if it's part of the reading challenge.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #251 on: March 04, 2014, 09:59:10 PM »

I was listening to a radio discussion on films or scenes that make you cry. Thought it would be interesting here.

What fanfic gets you all choked up, and what scene if you could choose one.

What fanfic makes you bust out laughing and what scene?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #252 on: March 04, 2014, 10:19:13 PM »

There are so many stories and scenes that have made me cry over the years, but I've gotten so cynical in my old age that stuff that made me cry as a teenybopper now seems cheesy to me (like the DWLYN coma scene in Where Can We Go From Here that I make fun of all the time, even though I love it).  One scene that can still make me cry is the epilogue of "Cover Me With Dreams."  I just tested this theory and read it cold, having not read the whole story in several years, and it still got me teary-eyed.  I love that ending so much that I may have borrowed the idea for the end of By My Side... I'd like to think of it as a homage more than flat-out copying, but it is what it is LOL.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there are also many parts that have made me laugh, but the first one to pop into my head was The Backstreet Baby series, specifically the part where the guys are talking about what they would name their kid, and AJ says he's going to name his kid ShaTed BoNathan, and the other guys all scream, "Shithead?!"  And then Nick says he wants to name his kid Kahb after the other guys' initials, and the other guys are like, "Cob Carter?  OMG, how many beatdowns would this kid get?  You know you'd make fun of a kid named Kahb."  Cracks me up every time!

For our newer members who maybe haven't heard me gush about these stories a hundred times before...

Cover Me With Dreams: http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/dwlyn/cmwd.html

Backstreet Baby Series: http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/dwlyn/bsbbaby.html

Where Can We Go From Here:  http://www.angelfire.com/ky3/perfect_fans/wcwgfhintro.html (Chapter 11... classic!)
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #253 on: March 09, 2014, 12:42:39 PM »

This one's going to take some searching, but what has been your most reviewed chapter, and why do you think that was?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #254 on: March 09, 2014, 01:01:13 PM »

Wow, that is going to take some researching lol
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44