Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 11  (Read 110355 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions to ponder part 11
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2013, 08:17:54 PM »

I tend to torture Nick the most, because it's the most fun, LOL.
I hardly ever hurt Kevin, because I don't like to "see" him weakened or in pain.
Therefore in almost every review I leave for "Hope" by Mare, I tell her she's being mean to him ;)

Yes, you do but once again the most I have done to him physically is given him a broken ankle lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2013, 09:41:57 PM »

I enjoy reading about any of them being tortured, especially Brian and Nick LOL.  And when I say "tortured," I don't mean literally tortured, as in the gory stuff.  That's fun too, but there are many kinds of torture.  I enjoy reading about them in anguish, let's just say that.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2013, 12:30:49 AM »

Yes, you do but once again the most I have done to him physically is given him a broken ankle lol

You say that like it doesn't hurt, LOL. Meanie.
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2013, 04:32:42 AM »

You say that like it doesn't hurt, LOL. Meanie.

I know but compared to what I am willing to do to the others... lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2013, 04:33:55 AM »

I enjoy reading about any of them being tortured, especially Brian and Nick LOL.  And when I say "tortured," I don't mean literally tortured, as in the gory stuff.  That's fun too, but there are many kinds of torture.  I enjoy reading about them in anguish, let's just say that.

Yes, same here. Although anything too extreme I don't enjoy one way or the other.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2013, 04:47:14 AM »

Here's a few more questions designed to maybe help motivate people to update their stuff.

How long are you willing to wait to read an update before you give up on a story?

If the author tends to take a long time between updates, do you find you have to go back and reread the previous chapters before reading the new one?

If the author takes too much time to update, do you find yourself less excited to read when it is finally updated or hesitant to read something else by that author?

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2013, 07:14:00 AM »

^This question is on good timing. I was just actually thinking of updating TOSONC this week because of you. Not because you are a reader but because of your story hope. I thought 1 week is too long and can't wait for your next update then it hit me. It takes me months before I post an update, what if there is someone anticipating my updates like I do for Hope. What if there us someone visiting the site and hoping for an update of my story. So even though that 'someone' doesn't exist, I will try my best to update as much as I can. :)

Now to answer your questions:

If I really like the story, I won't give up on it regardless if the author updates only once a year. lol especially if it is a suspense type and there are questions that yet to be answered. In romance stories, I can make up my own ending but not on suspense/thriller ones.

Yes, especially if there are characters that I vaguely remember.

It depends again on how much I like the story, there are few stories in AC that until now I wait for updates even though the last update was 2011 or 2012, I think. :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2013, 07:22:26 AM »

Hmm....I feel like this one has my name written all over it, and the updates HAVE been very few and far between this week.  Alas, I plan to update soon!  On with the questions!

How long are you willing to wait to read an update before you give up on a story?
 -If it's a story I'm really into, I'm not really likely to give up on it at all, unless the updates never come and I'm forced to do so.  If it's something I'm just reading casually, I don't find myself getting too frustrated until it's been months (like 2-3 or more).

If the author tends to take a long time between updates, do you find you have to go back and reread the previous chapters before reading the new one?
-I almost always go back and read the immediate previous chapter (at least skim it) just to refresh myself on where we left off, so that way, I usually end up basically reading every chapter twice.  If there's a plot point I don't remember after that, I assume it must have not been that important anyway, lol.  I know not everyone's memory works like that, but it works for me.  Of course, that depends on what you call "a long time."  If we're talking a year or more, I'll usually go back and skim the entire story, not necessarily taking a lot of time, but refreshing myself on the whole thing.  There is one story I started reading a couple years ago that was updated some this summer then slacked off again.  I'm waiting until it's finished to go back and read the whole thing.

If the author takes too much time to update, do you find yourself less excited to read when it is finally updated or hesitant to read something else by that author?
-Depends on the story and the author.  If I was really into the story, it's quite the opposite,  I get really excited to read.  If it's something I really wasn't that into anyway, I'm less likely to keep reading.  Though, usually, I've made that judgment call closer to the beginning of the story before the updates start getting further apart.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2013, 10:32:39 AM »

What about reading? Do you enjoy reading one being hurt over the others? Is there someone you can't deal with being bodily harmed?

Again, I don't mind if they are hurt (mentally or physically) as long as I'm enjoying the story, then the writer can do what they want to the boys :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2013, 10:36:35 AM »

If I'm really enjoying the story then I won't give up on it.

Sometimes I might go back and quickly skim over the previous chapter just to refresh my memory.

It depends on the story, there are some stories that when I see them updated after a long time, I actually can't wait to click and read.  It wouldn't stop me reading something else by that author, as long as I know they haven't vanished from the world of fanfic writing.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2013, 04:07:04 PM »

^This question is on good timing. I was just actually thinking of updating TOSONC this week because of you. Not because you are a reader but because of your story hope. I thought 1 week is too long and can't wait for your next update then it hit me. It takes me months before I post an update, what if there is someone anticipating my updates like I do for Hope. What if there us someone visiting the site and hoping for an update of my story. So even though that 'someone' doesn't exist, I will try my best to update as much as I can. :)

Now to answer your questions:

If I really like the story, I won't give up on it regardless if the author updates only once a year. lol especially if it is a suspense type and there are questions that yet to be answered. In romance stories, I can make up my own ending but not on suspense/thriller ones.

Yes, especially if there are characters that I vaguely remember.

It depends again on how much I like the story, there are few stories in AC that until now I wait for updates even though the last update was 2011 or 2012, I think. :)

Thank you so much, Ritz! It makes me tingly that you look forward to my updates! :) And just so you know, I do still look forward to yours as well!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2013, 04:08:44 PM »

Hmm....I feel like this one has my name written all over it, and the updates HAVE been very few and far between this week.  Alas, I plan to update soon!  On with the questions!

I think many people reading this question thought the same thing lol Which is why I asked!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »

Usually when I commit to a story I will see it through to the end but lately I have decided that some I will read only once they are complete because of sporadic updating and not being totally sure the author will actually ever finish it and I don't want to invest my time in something that's not going to be finished.

This is another thing I have had to rethink as I've gotten older and grown less impatient. lol My thought is, if I can't remember what happened, then maybe too much time has gone by and I would do what I said I would do in the above answer. I sometimes will skim the previous chapter to get a sense of what I missed but even that sometimes doesn't help. Honestly, sometimes I don't even remember a single thing about it. That's when I just decide to abandon it all together.

It depends on how invested in the story I am. To this day, when "On the Rails" gets updated I get all giddy! And that hasn't been updated in ages!! The only time I would stop reading something by an author is if they have a habit of constantly abandoning their current stories to work on new ones. "I ain't got no time for that!" lol

usako

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2013, 02:02:23 AM »

I think many people reading this question thought the same thing lol Which is why I asked!

*raises her hand embarrased*

usako

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2013, 02:07:45 AM »

Never. I'm very picky so when I start reading a story or an author it's because I know I'm gonna love it so I'm willing to wait even years for an update. I'm loyal like a dog  :D

Yep, I do, especially if it has Brian as the main character. If I really love a story, I tend to read and read and read it over and over again.And let's say it helps with learning new words. LOL

Nope. The opposite. If I see a new update, I get all excited. lol Even if it's a new story, I'm just glad to have something to read and, especially, something that I know I'm gonna love it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44