Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

FS for November: Finding Carter by Delphinacarter

<< < (3/4) > >>

mare:
How did you go about casting your characters for this? Why Nick and Brian etc...?

FrickingKaos:
Nick was always going to be the main character, I liked him in the role of the awkward socially challenged freshman. It just seemed to fit, especially the part about not wanting to grow up.

Briam.was always going to be his brother, I thought them being rommates worked really well for them to bond.

Kevin was difficult. He was originally going to be the dorm monitor orand really uptight, but I changed his role because I eliminated Nick's family. he stepped into the father role pretty easily.

AJ was perfect for the fraternity because of the partying so that was also easy.

Howie was the one I wrote really out of character because originally he was going to have a bigger role ,but it worked out for him to be the bax guy.

mare:
Do you have a favorite scene or chapter in this one?

Was there any chapter that you found hard to write?

Were you ever blocked for this one?  Did your muse run away?

FrickingKaos:
Do you have a favorite scene or chapter in this one?

I really loved the scene where Nick asks Brian if he ever thinks about failing at life. It's something I think a lot of people ask themselves.

Was there any chapter that you found hard to write?

Probably the one with the car accident. I wanted Nick to tell Brian then they were brothers but Nick has other plans lol

Were you ever blocked for this one? Did your muse run away?

I think this was one story where my muse was really there the whole time. I was cranking out a chapter a day or every other day, so I finished it rather quickly. unfortunately since this story my inspiration has dwindled.

FrickingKaos:
Thanks for having me featured this month. Even though I guess there are no more questions it was nice to participate anyway. It makes me sad this board in general is so dead in the winter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version