Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Things we don't know about you  (Read 30056 times)

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
Re: Things we don't know about you
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2014, 12:22:51 AM »

Lefties are very intelligent as well,  lol.

To me, it was actually quite easy to cut out the refined sugar. It's not like I ate a lot of it in the first place. But unfortunately, manufacturers put a lot of "hidden" sugar in about everything, so that sucks, lol.
It just means I do a lot of my grocery shopping at work. ;)

My guinea pigs are really cute, it's just a shame they don't "talk".

We ulhad a bird when I was younger, it loved potato chips.  :)

I too dislike cooked carrots btw.

Another two facts  about me;  I don't have a drivers license and I crochet..

Oops, that bison picture turned out to be quite big...  :shrug:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 12:38:38 AM by Nijntje »
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2014, 06:29:32 AM »

Cute!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2014, 06:40:13 AM »

Mare, gonna sound like a stupid question, but can you drive on snow? LOL Like, is there something you put on the tires that makes you stay up? Yeah, I'm already regretting asking this question haha

Nijntje, how can you not have sugar!!!  ???  I live off sugar! But good on you! That takes real effort and determination! Congrats on the weight loss too! Much respect to you for taking care of your grandparents. And I used to have guinea pigs but I have a bird now and it's funny because you can't get him to shut up! LOL

Not a stupid question. You can drive on snow but it's not a fun thing to do. My car doesn't handle really well on snow. I tend to slip and slide even when it rains too hard so my nerves are frayed to say the least because of this weather. People can put on snow tires but they are a pain in the neck because you can't use them when it's nice out so you have to change them. It pays for places that always get hit hard for winter but not for me. We have a two hour delay today because it snowed last night and now it's -6 so all that snow is frozen and I have to drive 40 minutes up and down hills to get to school. Nerves are frayed!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2014, 06:42:12 AM »

The bison is adorable! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2014, 07:03:52 AM »

I also followed you jess! I got twitter for BSB myself lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2014, 02:42:26 PM »

Wow, they really are crazy where you live Mare!  So far we've had no snow this winter, which is good because I hate driving in it.  Instead we've had non-stop rain :(

Great crocheting! Wish I could do stuff like that.  My grandma taught me to crochet when I was really young, but I've forgot now.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2014, 04:58:30 PM »

Random non relating to anything question for you Steph. Do you have Oreos in Wales? lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2014, 05:06:07 PM »

Yes we do :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2014, 05:10:20 PM »

My mom crochets and taught me how once too, but I don't remember how anymore.  I didn't have the patience for it.  Arts and crafts are not really my thing, although occasionally I will scrapbook or mutilate a boyband doll to make gifts for fanfic friends. ;)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2014, 05:17:31 PM »

My mom used to crochet. She tried to teach me but I had no patience for it. One of my favorite things is this crocheted quilt she made me when I was 10. I still have it.

Julie makes the best boyband dolls LOL.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2014, 05:53:02 PM »

Nijntje, that bison is amazing! Very talented. Also love the guinea pig on the left...you could probably give him a mohawk lol.

Mare, that actually sounds pretty annoying after a while :( You're more than welcome to come to Australia where the only snow we have is on the mountains and its more like ice than snow. (I met an American in Kuala Lumpar and she explained to me what snow flakes are - I knew what they were but I still find it hard to believe that each one is unique...)

DelphinaCarter, I'm feeling so popular haha I followed you back! And if you're wondering I'm the duffer on the left with the glasses :)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2014, 05:59:26 PM »

Not a stupid question. You can drive on snow but it's not a fun thing to do. My car doesn't handle really well on snow. I tend to slip and slide even when it rains too hard so my nerves are frayed to say the least because of this weather. People can put on snow tires but they are a pain in the neck because you can't use them when it's nice out so you have to change them. It pays for places that always get hit hard for winter but not for me. We have a two hour delay today because it snowed last night and now it's -6 so all that snow is frozen and I have to drive 40 minutes up and down hills to get to school. Nerves are frayed!

Having snow tires is the law here because we get a LOT of snow and very rarely do things close down for snow. I have a rental space at my car dealership so they store my other set of tires. I go in late May (because it snows until early May) and get my summer tires on then they put my winter tires in storage until September. My winter tires cost about $140 a tire and I replace two tires every other year. I easily drive 110km/hr on a snow covered highway without concern.

A lesson in snow tires! Haha
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:01:29 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2014, 06:07:40 PM »

Yeah, I know a lot of my Canadian friends do the snow tire thing. I swear if it keeps up the way it is going I might need them!

I would love to go to Australia! It's on my places I want to go before I die list. Alaskan cruise still tops the list.

Thanks for answering my question, Steph! lol

jess20

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2014, 06:10:34 PM »

My mom crochets and taught me how once too, but I don't remember how anymore.  I didn't have the patience for it.  Arts and crafts are not really my thing, although occasionally I will scrapbook or mutilate a boyband doll to make gifts for fanfic friends. ;)

Mutilate? As in like voodoo? ;)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2014, 06:15:26 PM »

Mutilate? As in like voodoo? ;)

No, as in literally mutilate them. Rip their little legs off and have bot flies coming out of their heads. She's a little on the nuts side! :) LOL
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9