Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

FS for February Story # 97: Here We Stand by Rose

<< < (5/6) > >>

mare:
Overall, what has been your favorite story to write?

Which genre do you feel most comfortable writing?

Has your writing style changed since you started?

Do you enjoy collaborating or writing solo more?

Rose:
Overall, what has been your favorite story to write?
It's sort of a tie between Remember Me This Way and Undead. Undead fulfills my love of horror but RMTW was so emotional, angsty and extremely character driven. So my fave collab to write and my fave solo story? Does that count? Can I cheat? LOL.

Though my answer may change. I'm writing Miles To Go and honestly I'm having a blast with it even though the two I listed are more popular. Then again I'm only a few chapters in so who knows what'll happen.

Which genre do you feel most comfortable writing?
Hmm... :shrug:

Well, I know my least comfortable genre is romance (at least when it's not a sub-plot). Mainly because it's hard to tell the story without adding contrived situations to up the drama. Bah, okay. Most comfortable genre? Probably horror. You can go insane with the villain and then go to town our your protagonist. At least if you're a sadist like me LOL. Sci-Fi you generally have to create your own world, rules and such which while fun is also a lot of work. I think drama/angst is a very close second cause I do love that, watching the emotional journey. But horror can incorporate that too, plus torture! So yeah I'm gonna go with horror! Kill...Kill...Kill...Kill...Kill...

:D

Has your writing style changed since you started?
I know in first person I've gotten less rambly. I like to give the character a voice so it's like they're telling you the story themselves but sometimes I'd go too far and off tangent too often. I used to have a really bad tense issue in first person and it took years before I tackled that POV outside of one-shots. I also feel like my writing flows better because I've become a lot more organized. With every story I know how it starts, how it ends and with a vague but general idea of how I'm getting there. That sort of thing shows in my stories I think.

Do you enjoy collaborating or writing solo more?
You know I enjoy both a lot. Collaborating is amazing if you can find the right partner in crime. I did and so once Undead is finished who knows when Julie and I will quit writing together? We have so many ideas on the backburner for future stories it's a little insane. Solo writing you're telling your story your way. There's no waiting for chapters. But it's easier to fall into writer's block. With collabs you're always inspired because you have that person to bounce things off of.

Years ago I would've said solo because I had flaky collaborating partners. Even though I was a major collab whore it got frustrating having people quit on me. But I have Julie so it's a tie.  ;D

RokofAges75:
Aww!  I feel the same, ZDR. :)

Rose:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on February 23, 2015, 06:38:30 AM ---Aww!  I feel the same, ZDR. :)

--- End quote ---

:bsb:

Aww so much love in here!

*kills Nick*

Okay, I'm good now.

RokofAges75:
#SorryDeadNick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version