Fic Talk > General Discussion

Even newer questions to ponder

<< < (27/112) > >>

Mistral:
I continue to write fanfic, but it is pretty hard for me do it in English because it is not my first language and it's more easy for me when someone write in duet with me. My fanfic is not in a style that everyone likes.

Sakabelle:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on July 21, 2017, 12:09:36 PM ---Brian's heart surgery seemed to be a big one.  There were tons of stories about that or just Brian having heart problems when I first started reading fanfic.  It's interesting to me that Nick's cardiomyopathy diagnosis didn't spark a bunch of similar fanfics, but I think that's a sign of different the fandom was in 2009 compared to 1998-1999.

--- End quote ---

Huh yeah that is interesting, I didn't even think about that! The fandom was still pretty active in 2009 but definitely not as much in 1998.

I completely forgot about them living in that house together in 2012, but you're totally right, there were a lot of stories about that. In general I remember that summer being very active fanfic-wise. It was great to see. I'm sad there hasn't been as much of a resurgence with how much the boys are doing as of late, but maybe it'll come when they release a new album. How's the new story you're writing going?

Sakabelle:

--- Quote from: Mistral on July 21, 2017, 04:24:01 PM ---I continue to write fanfic, but it is pretty hard for me do it in English because it is not my first language and it's more easy for me when someone write in duet with me. My fanfic is not in a style that everyone likes.

--- End quote ---

I definitely commend you for that! I could never write anything in another language lol. It's hard work!

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: Sakabelle on July 21, 2017, 05:47:08 PM ---How's the new story you're writing going?

--- End quote ---

Not very well. :( I'll be lucky to get the short story I started finished before the end of summer.  I don't think I'll start on a novel for awhile.  I still keep coming up with new ideas and outlining them, but I'm having a hard time settling into anything.  Also, all my ideas are super depressing!  More so than usual, I mean LOL.  I feel like I need to write something light-hearted, but I never come up with light-hearted ideas.  Even the rare comedy/parody I do is always fairly dark.  Thanks for asking!

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: Sakabelle on July 21, 2017, 05:48:27 PM ---I definitely commend you for that! I could never write anything in another language lol. It's hard work!

--- End quote ---

I agree!  If it's something that you love, keep at it though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version