Fic Talk > General Discussion

Even newer questions to ponder

<< < (4/112) > >>

FrickingKaos:
Also (shameless plugging) I started posting the reboot under a new title and including a new summary. I was listening to music a few nights ago and Nowhere To Go fit the story perfectly, and so did the lyrics. I was giddy. Lol.

Has anyone written a story and then found a song that goes with it, or been inspired by a song in general?

Sakabelle:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on June 21, 2017, 06:10:41 PM ---LOL So Niall and Harry were Jack and Rose?  That is epic.

--- End quote ---

LOL yup, that they were.

I remember those 1,000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter stories, lol. I don't think I actually wrote one, but I remember reading a bunch of them. The Burning Up one Julie wrote was hilarious too - where he's in the recording studio and burns to death. Poor Nick lol.

Sakabelle:

--- Quote from: DelphinaCarter on June 22, 2017, 07:45:33 AM ---Also (shameless plugging) I started posting the reboot under a new title and including a new summary. I was listening to music a few nights ago and Nowhere To Go fit the story perfectly, and so did the lyrics. I was giddy. Lol.

Has anyone written a story and then found a song that goes with it, or been inspired by a song in general?

--- End quote ---

That's awesome, Tracy! I love when that happens. I wrote a Nick romance a long time ago called In Pieces and I named it that after the BSB song because the lyrics also fit really well. Especially the whole "Wake me up when it's over / After the ending / When the damage has all been done" bit, since the story takes place many years after their initial relationship ends.

I usually make playlists for stories as I write them. I don't typically share them with anyone, I just keep them to listen to as I'm writing that particular story. Does anyone else do that?

FrickingKaos:
I actually have  a Spotify playlist for Take Me Home.

mare:
I don't ever use music for writing or inspiration at all. I need it to be 100% quiet when I write and listening to music has never helped me to be inspired to do anything, except clean. I put on music to clean. I know it probably sounds ironic coming from a person who makes her living through music, but that's just how I roll. Maybe because I'm surrounded by it all day long, when I get home I never ever listen to it. I mean never ever lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version