Fic Talk > General Discussion

Even newer questions to ponder

<< < (34/112) > >>

Sakabelle:
That's a really good point about the bromance aspect. I hadn't thought much about it before, but I tend to enjoy media that focuses heavily on male friendship as well. I really liked The OC, which was obviously a teen drama but the heavy focus on Seth and Ryan as brothers made it great. Same with Fullmetal Alchemist, which was an anime and the entire story was focused around the journey of two brothers. There's just something compelling about male friendship especially. Maybe because of the way men showing too much outward affection towards each other is frowned upon whereas it's okay for females to do it.

I'm not really into baseball at all, but I can see where that would definitely be the same sort of thing.

RokofAges75:
Aw, The OC! <3  Agreed... the bromance was definitely the best part!

You have a great point with why it's so popular, because it's somehow more rare to see it outwardly expressed than close female friendship.  I feel like since "bromance" became a term, it's becoming more and more acceptable for guys to show genuine affection toward each other.  I think that is a good thing.

Mistral:
Yes ER was the best tv show ever! I have the 15 seasons in DVD so I can watch it when I want. I like a lot Brian and Kevin for brothers story. For slash I prefer create a new character to place with Brian when I write slash fanfic.  I try to write the guys with ncis or stargate sg1, but that don't work.

FrickingKaos:
Anyone have a genre they haven't tried yet that they'd like to one day?  Not sure if this has been asked. But for me I want to try Fantasy, it's one of the ones I haven't done yet and I've just about tried everything.

mare:
I think the same for Me. I'd always wanted to try my hand at Sci-fi/fantasy but I don't think I have the creative mind to write in that genre. I feel like to effectively be able to write fantasy, you need to create another world and for me that's too many new characters and names of things and places I know I wouldn't remember lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version