Fic Talk > General Discussion

Even newer questions to ponder

<< < (57/112) > >>

MaggieW:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 01, 2018, 12:29:52 PM ---Do you guys have any writing-related resolutions this year?

I'm not a resolution kind of person, but last year I made one to write every day, and I actually kept it until March.  I didn't always write a lot; some days it was just one sentence, but I still made myself open my story and add something to it every day, and that helped keep me inspired for the days when I actually could get a lot done.  I'm planning to try the same thing again this year and see how long I can keep it going.  Now if I could just get myself to do the same thing with working out...

--- End quote ---

I'm going to try to write every day, no matter what it is -- blog post, book review (Nick's "Facing The Music" is first), fanfic, or regular fic. I have two BSB fanfics I'm working on that I plan to have first drafts by the end of January or February. After that I'll probably look for beta readers/editors/whatever before I post them here on AC.

Rose:
Writing more - that's my resolution every year LOL.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: MaggieW on January 03, 2018, 10:19:35 PM ---I'm going to try to write every day, no matter what it is -- blog post, book review (Nick's "Facing The Music" is first), fanfic, or regular fic. I have two BSB fanfics I'm working on that I plan to have first drafts by the end of January or February. After that I'll probably look for beta readers/editors/whatever before I post them here on AC.

--- End quote ---

Great point - writing doesn't always have to mean fanfic writing or even fiction writing.

I really enjoyed Nick's book and am finding it a good resource for researching for fanfics.

MaggieW:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 04, 2018, 07:50:06 PM ---Great point - writing doesn't always have to mean fanfic writing or even fiction writing.

I really enjoyed Nick's book and am finding it a good resource for researching for fanfics.

--- End quote ---

I really enjoyed it too. I'm going to read it through a second time so I can make notes on things I wanted to the first time, as well as refamiliarize myself with it for the book review. (I first read it mid-December. Took me three days, which is short for me when reading nonfiction books.)

FrickingKaos:
I don't really believe in resolutions per se but I guess write more for me. Maybe finally finish the two stories I'm working on, and get around to posting the two other projects I'm playing with. One is a group fic the other is a slash novel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version