Fic Talk > General Discussion

Even newer questions to ponder

<< < (59/112) > >>

Rose:
I heard! That was insane! *hugs*

RokofAges75:
I cannot imagine how scary that must have been!!  I'm so glad it was just a false alarm, and let's pray it never amounts to anything more than that.

rebellious_one:

--- Quote from: Rose on January 13, 2018, 07:21:18 PM ---I heard! That was insane! *hugs*

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 13, 2018, 11:19:02 PM ---I cannot imagine how scary that must have been!!  I'm so glad it was just a false alarm, and let's pray it never amounts to anything more than that.
--- End quote ---

Waahhh thanks!  :'(

Completely insane and just too fucking real. I don’t know how, but I had my composure together... no tears, no screaming, just... kinda blank while tryna chase facts yanno? It’s weird, it’s  like I’ve been mentally preparing for this, because of everything going on and we’ve been talking about it at work and what to do with our students if we were to get that alert. But I found myself reacting the way I thought I would... scared out of my mind, but accepting the innevability of it because no matter what we did or where we tried to run or hide, we wouldn’t make it anyway. I had those thoughts for a few minutes, then shook myself out of the fear and panic state to get whatever info I could. And like the shit you see in the movies or read in stories, trying to call out and the lines were down; couldn’t call, couldn’t reach anyone, and that helped it to make it feel infinitely more eerily real. Then I turned on my TV to search for stations with any warnings, then I had gone in my car to listen to the radio.

As I sat in my car, I just remember staring out at the sky... it was a fucking beautiful morning in Hawaii; sky was blue and just wide open, sun still rising while birds continued to sing... and in that moment, I was like well this is it, this is the last morning I’ll ever see. I felt this weird sense of calmness like take it in and let it be. I think what killed me the most was holding my 7-year-old nephew as we tuned into the news and with the coverage he asked me “is this a joke on all the kids?”... thinking as a kid, he did something bad which led to this moment.

Ugh, I just can’t say enough about this experience. And apparently it was a lot crazier around the island... sheer pandemonium with people running, crying, screaming, speeding, accidents all over, and apparently there was a death at the airport because in the 38 minutes of panic, someone tried to jump on a plane thru the wheel well and fell out. It... was just fucking crazy.

I mean, there’s a whole bunch of jokes and laughter about it now, and that’s all cool, but it was real life for us for 38 minutes, and the world and its leaders definitely need to continue to talk about this and change.

mare:
I can't believe that even happened. Unbelievable!

RokofAges75:
Wow... just wow.  Like I said, I cannot even imagine.  I guess something like this makes you appreciate what you have and not sweat the small stuff, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place, let alone gone on for so long before it was corrected.  Thanks for your account of things, Reb.  I'm so, so glad you and your loved ones are okay!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version