Fic Talk > General Discussion

Even newer questions to ponder

<< < (93/112) > >>

mare:
I think maybe after he heard TIU he said “Jesus! I better go back now before they totally destroy themselves” lol

I admit I get Unbreakable and TIU confused. Just shows you how much I listen to them. It’s TIU which is awful. Unbreakable has at least two or three good songs on it. For my taste anyway.

RokofAges75:
LOL exactly!  TIU has some good songs on it, but the bad ones are REALLY bad.  I don't find any of the tracks on Unbreakable bad per se, just boring.

RokofAges75:
My hero JK Rowling posted a new blog on her website where she answers some questions about writing and gives some tips: https://www.jkrowling.com/opinions/on-writing/  It's not really anything new, but I do agree with her advice.  Is there anything that stands out to any of you?

I've always found reading a good way to inspire writing, so Sunday night I started re-reading an older fanfic  that has some things in common with the story I'm trying to write right now, hoping it might help keep me in fanfic mode as I headed back to the reality of work this week.  It worked in that I'm definitely still in fanfic mode, but now I would rather just read this story than work on my own LOL.  Whoops.  In the long run, though, I hope it will help.  I have gotten into the bad habit of watching too much TV and not reading enough books, and I need to fix that.

FrickingKaos:
Ah man I have not read in forever. Lately I've been doing so much writing that I haven't gotten around to any reading, not to mention nobody really updates so it' hard to find something to read.

RokofAges75:
Very true!  For those of you who still write - do you post your stories on any other sites, and if so, what has your experience been with those?  I know Archive of Our Own and WattPad seem to have semi-active BSB fandoms (more so than AC seems to lately, sadly), but I haven't explored those sites enough to know what the quality of stories is like (from a reading standpoint) or what kind of feedback to expect (from a writing standpoint).

And for those who aren't writing at all or have stopped writing BSB fanfic - do you miss it?  If so, what do you miss most?  What do you not miss about it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version