Fic Talk > General Discussion

Even newer questions to ponder

<< < (19/112) > >>

FrickingKaos:
I have to agree with all of you, Nick really is the easiest to write about because of all of his history. I've even tried writing the others, and while Brian is becoming easy for me as well, I felt Howie to be difficult to write. I know almost nothing about him so I can't identify with him at all. I do love him though.

In my stories I always make AJ the comic relief. I feel it fits him. Being the smart ass and sometimes rude one. Nick is always sensitive and anxious, melodramatic one. Brian is quiet but when he's angry he shocks everyone. Howie is quiet too and Kevin is always the adultiest adult lol. He's the strict one. However I did enjoy writing him as a fun loving guy in my romance AU where he was a wedding planner. Sometimes it's fun to play around and give them different personalities.

mare:
I don't know if I do the head canon thing. Perhaps Kevin and a Niick's entire relationship in pretty much all of my stories?

It's interesting what you said, Julie, about Nick keeping secrets. When you mentioned that my mind went to Jenna and Swenglish. I wonder if they are the reason you started to do that because that seemed to be a common thread in all of their stuff.

RokofAges75:
That very well could be because it started with Broken, which I wrote while they were writing the Swollen series.  I know I am influenced by what I read in other people's stories, so that could be where some of this "head canon" comes from.  The keeping secrets thing is also just a plot device to add to the drama and limit the amount of other characters I have to incorporate to be realistic LOL.

Sakabelle:
Haha I usually use AJ as the comic relief as well, Tracy. He's got a dry wit about him, you can't not! I've often made him Nick's confidant in stories, just because the way he would give advice would be more entertaining and sarcastic than the other boys.

Which is weird because I feel like if any of them are going to be prone to sarcasm in real life, it would probably be Kevin over AJ.

RokofAges75:
I feel like we've seen more of Kevin's sense of humor since he came back to the group.  Social media may have helped with that; I think it's definitely shown them more as real people, not just their stage personas and stereotypical roles.

I love AJ as the comic relief, and I think he makes a great confidant because he seems very nonjudgmental.  I'm not sure he would be the best at giving advice, per se, but I bet he's a good listener/commiserator. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version