Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 1048 times)
mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2019, 05:44:47 PM »

Last question about the album. Sadly, I really havenít listened to it in awhile, but itís going to be played a lot on my upcoming trek to Buffalo. My feelings about it hasnít changed. I still love Passionate and Real Love. Thereís still no skip songs for me and I still think itís one of their best albums ever.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2019, 06:37:25 PM »

I really like chances, donít go breaking my heart and no place. I didnít have the chance to hear the full album for the moment.

FrickingKaos
General Pandemonium

writing fanfic by moonlight....

« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2019, 02:13:32 AM »

The setting question is pretty interesting.

I've had so many that I've written... For a story I wrote, a personal favorite setting for me was the college Nick and Brian went to in Finding Carter. Describing a college setting was a challenge for me because I had never been to college.

Also when they took the trip to Disney World. Again, it was hard because I'd not been there yet at the time the story was written. I've been there since and it was just as I pictured it if not more amazing.

I also tend to write about NYC often as I do go there often. It's kind of a comfort zone for me.

For a setting I read, I really enjoyed a lot of the settings in 00Carter. I love descriptions.

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2019, 08:56:50 PM »

I think my favorite setting was also in Undead. When I moved into my current apt I found my map of MacDill that I had printed out lol, due to the endless research Julie and I did.

I tend to write with California as a setting. I know it well due to a lot of family living out there though now I could write a present day Nick fic here in Vegas if I wanted LOL. But I'm not afraid of writing areas I don't know cause with the right amount of research I think you can pull it off.

My feelings about DNA are about the same. I love Passionate, The Way It Was, and New Love the most - along with bonus track Do You Remember. But I still play the album often without skipping songs which make it a solid.

I'm hyped about the Christmas album. I love Christmas music so that is WAY overdue for me.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." óAnonymous

ďI donít believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.Ē óRay Bradbury

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2019, 09:35:25 PM »

For a setting I read, I really enjoyed a lot of the settings in 00Carter. I love descriptions.

Thanks!  We've had a lot of fun with settings in that story too.  Our characters have literally been on every continent, so it's been fun to research different places around the world.  I learned a lot about Antarctica from researching for the Ice Ice Baby episode.  My favorite setting from that story had to be Disney World though.  That was fun research too!

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2019, 03:49:22 PM »

Random, but I just noticed on the main site, it says "A special welcome to our newest member, ray ban clubmaster tortoise 51."  You might as well call yourself Spammy McSpamerson with that username, but I couldn't help but laugh at the mental image it gave me of a turtle in sunglasses spinning records at the club. 

~Julie

Sakabelle
General Pandemonium

« Reply #141 on: April 15, 2019, 10:39:23 AM »

My feelings about DNA are about the same. I love Passionate, The Way It Was, and New Love the most - along with bonus track Do You Remember. But I still play the album often without skipping songs which make it a solid.

Literally same, just replace Do You Remember with Best Days! That line Nick sings in New Love is possibly my favourite vocal of his on the album. "I want all of you all over me~~~ in any dark roo~~oo~~om" LOL. I got the album on Vinyl but I haven't had a chance to bust it out yet and listen all the way through with my good headphones. I'm excited to do so, maybe on the long weekend.

~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something youíre scared to write. Thatís the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you canít stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to deathóWRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2019, 02:54:21 PM »

Literally same, just replace Do You Remember with Best Days! That line Nick sings in New Love is possibly my favourite vocal of his on the album. "I want all of you all over me~~~ in any dark roo~~oo~~om" LOL. I got the album on Vinyl but I haven't had a chance to bust it out yet and listen all the way through with my good headphones. I'm excited to do so, maybe on the long weekend.

I love Nick on New Love. That song in itself vocally is very different from what they normally do. And it's in such a good way. It's what PDA tried to be lyrically, only New Love actually pulls it off.

ďI donít believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.Ē óRay Bradbury

elleinad
Fledgling

« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2019, 08:29:00 PM »

I love Nick on New Love. That song in itself vocally is very different from what they normally do. And it's in such a good way. It's what PDA tried to be lyrically, only New Love actually pulls it off.

you are so right about this. PDA makes me cringe lol Huh?

elleinad
Fledgling

« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2019, 08:31:58 PM »

Last question about the album. Sadly, I really havenít listened to it in awhile, but itís going to be played a lot on my upcoming trek to Buffalo. My feelings about it hasnít changed. I still love Passionate and Real Love. Thereís still no skip songs for me and I still think itís one of their best albums ever.

I love all the songs but my absolute favorite is Just Like You Like It ... AJ's voice on that is pure gold.

My top 3 are probably JLYLI, Chances and the way it was.

Overall i think Nick's voice got showcased in a lot of ways on this album and he got to show off how dynamic his voice is.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2019, 10:43:09 PM »

New Love is so much better musically and lyrically than PDA!  The lyrics are actually sexy as opposed to cringe-worthy.

Nick's voice has gotten better and better as it has matured (and I'm sure the voice lessons he took years ago certainly helped with that too).  I think he's become the best vocalist in the group or at least is tied with AJ.  I love Kevin's voice too, but Nick's is more dynamic.

~Julie

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2019, 01:08:54 AM »

I agree about Nick currently being tied as the strongest vocalist. You can literally pinpoint the turnaround on TIU which is absolutely Nick's strongest album vocally. He's always been able to belt for ages but now that nasal tendency is gone. Kevin's got such a smoothness to his voice, it's not as dynamic like you said, but I love hearing it. It's a major reason why I love Do You Remember so much. Like, his voice is an old soul - if that makes sense.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Jump to: