Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 3128 times)
Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #180 on: May 13, 2019, 06:00:16 PM »

Maybe Nick wait for when the bsb gonna stop to be so busy.
Brian said on radio interview that the group gonna release two others album next year.
I love AJ songs!
I really hope that Brian gonna do another solo album

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2019, 07:05:22 PM »

It could also be that Nick is just too busy enjoying being a dad.  All American came out before Odin was born.  He has other priorities now.  I'm not complaining because we were lucky to get three albums out of him within 4-5 years... plus a book, a reality show, and Dancing With the Stars!

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2019, 08:22:08 PM »

Yeah, no complaints here lol.

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." óAnonymous

ďI donít believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.Ē óRay Bradbury

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2019, 07:05:49 PM »

I know we've probably talked about this before, but Tracy brought up on Twitter how Kevin was talking about always being the one who's late because he likes to sleep in, which is so different from how many of us write Kevin in fanfics, as the anal stickler who expects everyone to be on time and do their job.  So my question is, what are some other ways you've discovered the Boys are different in real life from how they're portrayed in fanfic?

~Julie

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2019, 10:20:01 AM »

As we celebrate 20 years of Millennium today, what is your favorite track and overall opinion of the album, and has it changed since 1999?

Also, what do you guys think about I Want It That Way Reimagined?

~Julie

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #185 on: May 18, 2019, 12:05:02 PM »

I donít know if Iíd use the word re-imagined. I do love this acoustic version though. I think itís beautiful. This song has been and will always be my jam. I do love most of the songs on this album though. I think Back to Your Heart might be my second favorite.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #186 on: May 18, 2019, 12:56:07 PM »

It's really not that different; it's just an acoustic version.  I love it.  Not more than the original, but it is beautiful.  I Want It That Way is just an amazingly catchy song any way you sing it.

I like every song on Millennium, no skip songs for me.  My favorite is Don't Wanna Lose You Now, though it wasn't always my favorite.  Don't Want You Back is another one that I love more now than I did when Millennium was first released.  When we got to vote on the single on TRL, The One was my first choice (even before Nick called in), It's Gotta Be You was second, and Don't Want You Back was third.  Now I would have a hard time picking between The One and Don't Want You Back.  All the singles from Millennium are among my favorite tracks, though; they did a great job choosing them.

~Julie

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #187 on: May 18, 2019, 05:27:01 PM »

I know we've probably talked about this before, but Tracy brought up on Twitter how Kevin was talking about always being the one who's late because he likes to sleep in, which is so different from how many of us write Kevin in fanfics, as the anal stickler who expects everyone to be on time and do their job.  So my question is, what are some other ways you've discovered the Boys are different in real life from how they're portrayed in fanfic?

I must have missed this post. Yeah, Iím pretty sure Kevin for me was the most inaccurately written character, especially early on. The very last fanfic I was writing, I think I got him closest to his real persona. Iím pretty sure I always made him a stickler for being on time. Oopsies! I still stick by my characterizati ons of everyone else lol for now at least.  

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2019, 02:50:34 PM »

Kevin is a stickler about some things, just apparently not being on time LOL.  I was at the first soundcheck of the IAWLT tour, and he treated it like a real soundcheck, not just the "soundcheck party."  He was super anal about making sure the instruments and mics were all at the right level and whatnot.  So in some ways, that portrayal of him is spot on.

~Julie

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2019, 04:59:15 AM »

I like the re-imagined version, although still prefer the original.

Favourite song on Millennium is Show Me The Meaning, I just love it still.  I also love Don't Want You Back Smiley

Sakabelle
General Pandemonium

« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2019, 10:06:19 AM »

I feel like they could have done more with the reimagined version. But, it's hard to improve on perfection.

IWITW was a favourite of mine back then, and it still is. The whole album is really great (if you stop after No One Else Comes Close, lol) and I think it does hold up. Oddly enough Larger Than Life has become a favourite of mine over the years. Not that I didn't like it back then, I just like it a lot more now. It's Gotta Be You was definitely a standout to me in the 90s as well, and I was so sure it would be a single that I was disappointed when it wasn't. I also feel like I remember AJ saying in an interview it would be a single at some point, which I think is what I held onto. Little did I know when I was 13 how much AJ likes to hear the sound of his own voice!!

That's cool that they sang the entire album on the cruise - I didn't know they did that! I like how they have really embraced the nostalgia of that time period. I wonder if they'll do the same for B&B? Or at least for the Around the World trip.

Oh also, that reminds me. It's crazy how Jojo Wright is still with them after all these years and still a force in radio in general.

~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something youíre scared to write. Thatís the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you canít stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to deathóWRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2019, 06:41:53 PM »

"It's hard to improve on perfection" - yes!  So true.  IWITW is the perfect pop song.  The only thing it's lacking is lyrics that make sense, but their attempt to fix that back in the day with that alternate No Goodbyes version wasn't nearly as catchy.  So I'm not sure what else they could have done with it that wouldn't have taken away the elements that make it great.

Larger Than Life is an amazing song too.  It's so catchy and fun, and it's always great live.  The video is still my favorite too.

That's a good question about if they'll make as big a deal out of B&B's 20th anniversary.  They should because it sold a ton of copies too, but I don't think it has the same feel that Millennium does.  The album itself is not as good overall, and B&B was kind of the beginning of a bad period in BSB history, with them getting burnt out, AJ going to rehab, Nick going solo, and then the hiatus.  I love B&B too, but there is just something special about the Millennium album and era that none of the other albums quite have.

~Julie

smh1105
Innocent Bystander

« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2019, 08:34:53 PM »

Ahh yes, I remember that discussion with Tracy. But see the question I have is, is that the way he is now, but was how we think he way portrayed back then? People do change. I brought up the fact that they are all older and more mature now, so maybe Kevin doesn't feel that responsibility anymore?

I think in the past maybe Nick has been portrayed too much as not caring, partying 24/7, and sleeping around a lot. Yea he sorta went through that phase, but I don't feel it was as crazy as some fanfics made it seem. At least in my opinion. Otherwise I think the rest of the guys are pretty much the same.

{I still cant believe Brian called himself an asshole in that interview LOL}

~Shaina~
"A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity" Franz Kafka
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" Edgar Allen Poe

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2019, 08:40:07 PM »

Yeah I donít know why Brian call himself names like that

smh1105
Innocent Bystander

« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2019, 08:42:53 PM »

I think he was just trying to be funny. It kinda worked cause the guys started cracking up after he said that.

~Shaina~
"A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity" Franz Kafka
"I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity" Edgar Allen Poe

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20
Print
Jump to: