Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 3089 times)
Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #225 on: June 11, 2019, 11:51:15 AM »

No problem!

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #226 on: June 11, 2019, 05:27:48 PM »

So excited for you, Steph!!

I have yet to watch any tour videos, including the clips they've been posting on Instagram.  One of these nights I'm going to cave and watch one of the full concerts on YouTube.  If I'm going to be spoiled, I'm gonna do it right.  But so far I've been able to resist.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #227 on: June 11, 2019, 06:03:48 PM »

Me I go to see them in concert in a month!

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #228 on: June 11, 2019, 07:43:25 PM »

Exciting!!  I'm seeing them in August, but I'm not counting down because it's the week before I go back to work, and I don't want to wish my summer away.  It will be nice to have something to look forward to in the midst of the back-to-school blues though!

~Julie

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #229 on: June 11, 2019, 07:48:44 PM »

Yes and it is the only show I do for the DNA world tour.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2019, 07:50:15 PM »

Thought of some fanfic questions...

Where was the first place you ever posted one of your stories?  When was it, what story was it, and is the site still online?

For those who still write, do you post your stories on any other sites besides AC?  If so, where?

For those who read and/or post on other sites, how is the culture there different than on AC?  (That can include number and types of stories posted, popular genres, quantity of readers, quality of reviews, etc.)

~Julie

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2019, 07:56:36 PM »

RokofAges75: I really miss talking to you!

My first fanfic was post online on a french fans forum and it is not online anymore.
Yes I post on archive of our own and here.
On the other site the writers post more slash stories.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #232 on: June 13, 2019, 10:25:40 PM »

The first place I posted a story (or had it hosted, rather) was on a site called Escape from Reality.  It's actually still online, though it hasn't been updated since February 2000, which is when my story Heartache was posted there.  The whole story never even made it onto the site because the webmaster stopped updating it, but it is finished on my site.

The only places I post my stuff nowadays are on AC and my own site, Dreamer's Sanctuary.  I've thought about branching out onto other sites that have a more active fanbase, which is partly why I asked this question.  I miss having more options to read and being able to write and receive reviews.

~Julie

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2019, 02:36:48 AM »

Where was the first place you ever posted one of your stories?  When was it, what story was it, and is the site still online?

The first place I ever posted a story was on a Take That forum that had a fanfic section.  It was back in about 2007 (I was late getting into fanfics), it was romance story about a Take That member and the site is no longer online unfortunately.

For those who still write, do you post your stories on any other sites besides AC?  If so, where?

I don't post anywhere else, and haven't posted anything in a long time either.

For those who read and/or post on other sites, how is the culture there different than on AC?  (That can include number and types of stories posted, popular genres, quantity of readers, quality of reviews, etc.)

I don't go on any other sites.

Carter-Orange
Chief of Disorder

« Reply #234 on: June 16, 2019, 01:26:47 PM »

The concert was absolutely amazing!  The atmosphere was fantastic, everyone was up dancing and singing and it was just a really good night.  So anyone going to see them is in for a good time, but you already know that 🤣

Mistral
Captain of Commotion

« Reply #235 on: June 16, 2019, 03:11:03 PM »

Yes I cannot wait to see them on july 15!!

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #236 on: June 16, 2019, 07:50:06 PM »

Glad you had a great time, Steph!

~Julie

Sakabelle
General Pandemonium

« Reply #237 on: June 21, 2019, 01:44:35 PM »

Where was the first place you ever posted one of your stories?  When was it, what story was it, and is the site still online?

I don't remember the name of it, but I sent my stories to some old Geocities fansite and they would put it under their "Hosted Stories" section. That was back in like 1999 lol

For those who still write, do you post your stories on any other sites besides AC?  If so, where?

I post on AO3 (Archive of Our Own)

For those who read and/or post on other sites, how is the culture there different than on AC?  (That can include number and types of stories posted, popular genres, quantity of readers, quality of reviews, etc.)

I can't speak for the BSB side on AO3, but I know that there are some BSB stories there. I have only read/written 1D fic on that site. What I have noticed is:

1. I have gotten more reviews there than I ever did on AC. BUT I am also writing in a more active fandom and I had a fic that blew up so I think my stats are a little skewed.

2. There is the concept of "kudos" which is basically like a Facebook "like." I have found for every 10 or so kudos I will get a comment. Because of this the comments typically say more than just "great story."

3. There is a very good way to have a back and forth with a reader there - they can comment, you can reply, they can reply back and you can have a good dialogue! I have noticed that a lot of people respond to reviews, but not everyone does. I'm guilty of not always responding to reviews, especially when I haven't logged into my account in months. Oops. No one seems to really mind.

4. It's mostly slash. Het fic gets very little traction. I don't think this is exclusive to 1D but obviously I don't know for sure.

5. Ongoing chaptered fic gets some reads, but less than posting a 50k completed fic. I rarely write things in chapters anymore, I just write the whole thing as a oneshot and post it all at once. If there are logical breaks I might split them out when I post, but I'll still post it all at once. I find even when I post chapters most people will wait until the fic is finished to read and comment anyway.

~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #238 on: June 23, 2019, 08:58:21 PM »

That is interesting to see the differences between A03 and here!  Thanks, Steph!

~Julie

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2019, 09:57:00 PM »

Remember when the mods had to make rules about how many stories we could update per day to prevent people's stories from being quickly bumped down to the bottom of the Most Recent page or, worse, page 2?  And now there are only 4 stories on the Most Recent page, period.  Only 4 authors who have updated in the last 30 days.  That is so sad!

Maybe this is just me feeling nostalgic, as I tend to do on late summer nights, but I hate to see AC dying this way.  Not only do I miss our many active threads and discussions on here, but I also miss following stories on the main site.  Anyone else?

~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20
Print
Jump to: