Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31
Author Topic: Conversations about all things BSB related...  (Read 7439 times)
Rose
Supreme Time Waster

Uh oh! We lost Nick again...

« Reply #375 on: November 07, 2019, 12:52:12 AM »

Yeah. Honestly I wouldn't either.

Watching Melissa Schuman lie about me personally today has been fascinating. If she has no problem lying about random fans like myself, why not Nick?

Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." óAnonymous

ďI donít believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.Ē óRay Bradbury

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #376 on: November 07, 2019, 02:43:58 AM »

She called you out personally? What the hell is wrong with her? I know youíre supposed to believe all people whenever they say anything about anything in the me too movement, but this girl has a ďBeautiful GirlĒ vibe to her and I wouldnít be surprised if she ended up being arrested, gun in hand trying to kill Nick or his fans one day. Honestly, talk about mental illness and Aaron. Sheís just as bad minus the drug use, although who really knows.

Iím going to eventually have to go down the rabbit hole to find out what she is saying and find the entire story from the beginning. Iím sick of hearing this girls name lol

Sorry that happened to you. I hope her minions havenít also been attacking. Does she even have minions?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 02:45:55 AM by mare » Logged

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #377 on: November 07, 2019, 01:54:47 PM »

She tagged me once before. Yesterday she posted screenshots of a tweet I had about blocking Aaron. Apparently that proves I'm part of this account exposing his crap. *eye roll* and harassing her and Aaron. Mind you I've never once tweeted either of them. She has like three minions but none of them have come after me. I got texts yesterday letting me know she pulled that. She's done it to other fans too.

Her actions are why people don't believe her. Simple as that. She's obsessed with Nick. It's cfeepy.

ďI donít believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.Ē óRay Bradbury

FrickingKaos
General Pandemonium

writing fanfic by moonlight....

« Reply #378 on: November 07, 2019, 05:12:49 PM »

As someone those people have also attacked in the past, it infuriates me that they're still going after fans like this who haven't done anything but encourage people to spread positivity. Most people aren't believing her because of her online behavior and it comes off as very stalkerish. Especially looking to buy a home steps from where he lives, doing similar posts to his wife...its obsessive and creepy. I am so sorry you guys are dealing with that Rose. It's ridiculous. I've been staying quiet but I do see it.

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #379 on: November 08, 2019, 12:42:47 AM »

I mean I can't believe she herself is doing it.

If anything I've encouraged fans to leave her alone. But whatever. Her lying about me and friends of mine, removes any doubt about her lying. If there ever was any.

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #380 on: November 08, 2019, 06:26:04 AM »

This is going to be long!

So, I went to Melissaís blog and read her original post. Considering the time period she claims this happened, her story was overall pretty believable for the most part. Back then Nick was at his lowest low when it came to his drug use etc.. and I could totally see him trying to manipulate her to have sex to further her career. I definitely feel like things were most likely omitted or changed to fit the narrative, like the above mentioned statement about furthering her career, but either way, I can see why she was upset.

However...

I can also understand why no one seems to be really latching onto her story or giving her all the attention she desires. After reading the post, I took away she was more upset with the fact that the one guy didnít sign her than the actual attack. She equated Nickís relationship with this guy for her not getting the gig, instead of maybe she just wasnít good enough? People claim sheís also changed her story etc... which I donít really know about because I didnít read on after that. But letting her husband dance with her rapist for the money... yeah.  I did however venture onto her twitter feed and yikes!

I guess my real question if I cared enough to ask her, would be what she hoped to accomplish by the way sheís acting? I mean she filed charges, which made sense considering she felt she was raped, but they were dropped because of how long she waited so it was basically the same as going to court and him being found not guilty. Once that happens, the only thing you could really do is file a civil suit, which I donít think she did? I could be wrong about that but judging by her constant attacks, Iím guessing no. So most people at this point would just drop it and try to move on. I wish she could see how her and her fatherís behavior makes her look. Donít get me wrong, I think itís awful how some fans have treated her but thatís the thing about being ďfamousĒ people say what they will, but you take the high road. She doesnít know what the high road is. Instead sheís just as awful. By doing nothing but being hateful and conspiratorial like she is, the poor victim train has left the station and the crazy train has arrived. The behavior by people on both sides here - BSB fans and whatever the people fighting on behalf of her are called - is deplorable. But her and her fatherís behavior is far worse. Calling people out just for owning BSB or Nick sites? I mean, they own sites dedicated to BSB, do you think a he said/she said scenario would make them all suddenly drop them for you? Latching yourself onto Aaron isnít the best idea either. Have you seen or heard his crazy talk lately?

Nick was not a great guy back in the day, but it really should be crystal clear to everyone that heís changed. Even the haters have to see that. The saddest part of this story (that will eventually not have a happy ending for her) is that instead of lashing out and acting like a crazed lunatic who wants to blame Nick for her failures (thatís what sheís coming off as) maybe she could have just reached out to him privately and talked about it. I mean that ship has sailed now, but just going back to her blog and seeing how many times he called her afterwards, you get the sense he didnít think he did anything wrong.

Itís unfortunate that instead of really becoming an advocate of the me too movement like she claims she wants to be, she just seems to be stuck in her own story which isnít going to go any further. She needs to take that energy and instead harness it to help others and move on from her own past. Like so many other people whose stories you hear about. But then again, thatís why we hear about them. They took the high road.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #381 on: November 08, 2019, 09:10:53 PM »

Don't mind me Mare if my reply gets long! I appreciate your thoughts given from a fresh perspective that hasn't been buried in this for two years. And I don't mind having a solid discourse on it.

When the story first got attention, I stayed quiet for two days on the subject. Because, at first I absolutely thought it could be possible. I've said this and I never hid it. Nick was absolutely at his worst during the time she claims this happened and I couldn't deny this was a possibility. It really screwed with my head. That said, given that I do help on the FC, etc, I started getting a lot of DMs about things that struck fans odd. I could list them but honestly, if you want Mare I'll link you to my friend Sara's post about it which lists a majority of them and does address the changing story. If not that's totally okay too.

One thing I will point out is on the blog it states she never sees him again post=alleged rape till their performance together. On Dr. Oz she talked about having to have her dad with her on set of the Hollow cause Nick was there. Two weeks (I think) from when she posted her blog, her story already changed. She says she wants nothing from him and yet since then has harassed Nick and fans on the daily.

Her behavior is honestly her biggest tell in my opinion that she's lying. She's told reporters that my friend was paid to defend Nick. She claims all of us now, myself included are paid to defend Nick. It's the biggest load of crap. I did a single post stating that yes I believe Nick and in that post I pleaded with both sides not to attack each other on Twitter. Cause you're right. Both sides have been vile. A handful of fans can't shut up, and then you have Melissa and her dad instigating.

She has not filed a civil suit which I honestly wonder why. She claims that there's loads of proof and if she hadn't waited so long Nick would be in handcuffs. Okay. So file a civil suit and prove your story.

Her using Aaron makes me sick. He's being manipulated as he's not well and it's the lowest of the low. Aaron actually stood by Nick in 2017 and fresh out of rehab/in a better mental state.

Julie and I talked about this before, about what if it was true. The thing is, the Nick of 2003-2006 is long gone. The man she supposedly wants justice against is dead. It is what it is.

What I think happened? I think a drunk or high Nick promised her the world to get in bed. They had sex and then the next morning he left. A simple one night stand that led to nothing more. She was upset and honestly, rightly so. Years later with her religious beliefs and such she views it differently. That to me, would explain her fangirling over Nick over the years then suddenly changing her tune only a few months later. (Not kidding. She commented positively on fan videos of Nick performing at the residency in May of 2017 that she would've had to search out to find)

In the end no one will ever know. This is a she said/he said. Her actions honestly speak far louder than her words.

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #382 on: November 09, 2019, 02:40:27 AM »

Iím not a fan of speculating about things like that because at the end of the day, the only two people that actually know what happened are Nick and Melissa. Iíve never been a person to blindly jump on anyoneís bandwagon and am pretty good at playing devils advocate. I do truly believe that she really does think she was violated but itís also really easy to convince yourself that something happened if you say it enough. I think she had drunk sex and was told it would further her career and then she was given the name of that guy she mentioned as her in. She probably woke up with deep regrets and came up with a scenario to fit those regrets. She makes it hard to believe her just based on her behavior. The whole not filing a civil suit is the sketchiest part of all. Yes, she could probably use the excuse that heís got a great lawyer, but if she is as insistent about bringing someone to justice for his crime as she acts like she is, that shouldnít matter. Seems to me sheís not doing it because she knows sheíll lose. Just like how when people donít show up for testimony or refuse to cooperate for police. They automatically look guilty. Itís just the way it is.

This may sound dumb and maybe naive on my part, but the fact that the boys all donít think itís true is also a big deal. I could see AJ and possibly Howie standing by Nick no matter what but I think Kevin would have a hard time being around him if he thought it was true and hell, Brian has kicked Nick to the curb for far less than that. Those four know him better than anyone.

As for me, I really donít think Iím being biased although I did share with you all that one of my good friends was falsely accused of rape. I do tend to want to hear facts and watch behaviors before making the call on anyone. Like on the news etc... sometimes Iíll  hear the story, watch the way people act and then make my judgement call. Not that my judgement matters but Thatís what I do. In this case her behavior versus Nickís makes it hard to side with her.

I guess my thing is, this situation seems like itís never going to change from this point one way or another so she needs to just let go and move on. Once she stops, all the residual fighting about it will stop too and then fans/ex fans can just move on to something else.

If he is a monster, Some people think he is, someone else will get him. The truth always comes out. Until then, how about we let him live his life with his family and let him enjoy all his success which he worked hard for and deserves.

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #383 on: November 09, 2019, 03:18:02 AM »

I agree that at the end of the day only those two will know what happened. I actually hate trial by social media and cancel culture for this very reason. It leaves no room for people to change and grow, nor does it give a chance for anything fair to happen. It becomes speculations abound because of the fact that's all there ever can be. I agree about the civil suit too, if she was really sincere for this despite the odds she claims to be up against, then file. Make a move that will do something and go somewhere or move on.

You make a good point about the fact the Boys don't believe her. Thinking about it, you're on point about Brian. He's definitely given himself distance from Nick over smaller things, and given Kevin's politics and social beliefs I definitely think he wouldn't be standing by him as boldly as he has been.

I do the same thing when it comes to judgement calls. I hate the idea that you're betraying your gender if you think something sounds wrong or fishy. Gender shouldn't define truth. The truth should speak for itself.

I wish Melissa would move on. She seems to spike it any time discussion stops which can't be healthy. I try my best to ignore it though on occasion I see tweets on my fan twitters from fans to her that make me roll my eyes, as they're just feeding into it. But then again I've ignored her throughout and look what happened LOL.

Exactly. If she's right we'll know one day. The obsession needs to go away. Fans, Nick, his family should all be left alone to live their lives and enjoy it.

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #384 on: November 09, 2019, 04:43:57 PM »

Yeah, social media is awful when it comes to things like this. Everyone is so quick to offer opinions and rush to judgement on everything (kind of like me now lol) but because itís behind a screen, the way people talk to each other has gotten way out of hand. Especially strangers. The only reason I brought this Melissa stuff up was because I started following this twitter page because I was curious about what was going on with Aaron and then I ventured on to his feed and holy crap! Just spending a few minutes on his feed and her feed itís like crazy town.

The weirdest part of all this, is how people are so willing to end friendships over stuff that has nothing at all to do with them. Only a few people on my timeline are invested enough in the drama to retweet, like or post about Aaron or Melissa but it surprises me how hateful some are after going onto those feeds and reading what people have to say. Itís like if you still dare to like BSB after this you are in some kind of denial and a victim shamer and of you believe Melissa you are some kind of traitor.  So weird lol

Of course she doesnít let it die because it really seems like the only attention she gets.

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #385 on: November 09, 2019, 04:53:44 PM »

Doesn't Melissa have at least one young child?  It's sad to see a mother spend so much of her time on Twitter harassing people instead of spending it with her son.  I guess she has more time than the rest of us because I don't think she has a day job, but still.  If you have that much free time on top of being a full-time mom, find a creative hobby or volunteer for a women's charity or something.  She is just making herself look more and more pathetic and less credible the longer this goes on.  Give it up already and move on with your life.

I've said all along that no one will ever know the truth of what happened except Melissa and Nick, and I think it's likely that neither of them are flat out "lying," but disagree on what that truth is.  They were both drunk when it happened, and it's been so long, it's very possible that they remember that night differently.  What Nick may have thought was consensual sex, Melissa may genuinely see as rape for whatever reason - likely regret about the whole situation.  Nick is no saint, but I've always thought it was unfair for some so-called "fans" to insist we take Melissa at her word with absolutely no proof and turn our backs on Nick.  Why should we blindly believe her but not believe him when he said he thought it was consensual?  Oh, right, because most of us are women, and women should support other women.  Melissa should remember that when she's attacking other women on Twitter.  What a hypocrite.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #386 on: November 09, 2019, 04:58:00 PM »

It is sad that friendships have ended over it, but when your friendship is online and based solely around one thing (in this case, BSB), and then you lose that one thing you had in common, it can be hard to maintain the friendship... especially when friends start shaming each other for taking different sides.  This is why I tried to stay out of it on Twitter, especially right after all this went down a couple years ago.  I didn't want to be attacked by someone I considered a friend for choosing to stay a fan of Nick and BSB.

~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #387 on: November 09, 2019, 06:04:19 PM »

Ugh! I hate that just because itís the me too era, weíre expected to always side with the accusers. In other situations that doesnít happen. I mean I think I have seen people upset because they were accused of something they didnít do. How annoying for them if that didnít matter because society demands you believe the other person without question.

mare
Banner hater
Queen of Fanfiction
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #388 on: November 09, 2019, 09:15:51 PM »

I forgot to say this before, but I was thinking the same thing you posted about donating time to victim causes etc... Seems like the only victims she cares about are anyone who claims they had a Nick encounter as well. Not realizing people will always come out of the woodwork just to get attention from a ďcelebrityí of any kind. Much the same way people start fan clubs for wives of celebs with the hopes of getting attention that way. The whole thing is annoying but Iíll stop now lol I guess I had 2 years of ranting to make up for.

Rose
Supreme Time Waster

« Reply #389 on: November 10, 2019, 02:24:46 PM »

I'm gonna come back and reply to your posts but I'm hearing BJ took out an RO on Jane and Aaron?

I mean, obviously you're the problem if all the siblings but him are united on this.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 31
Print
Jump to: