Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (24/150) > >>

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 03, 2021, 09:38:01 PM ---Was that back in the original days of Code Blue or more recently? Oh 00Carter. You always made me laugh. Wish I could go back to 2008 and write some more of that again.

--- End quote ---

It was a long time ago.  Code Blue's original run was like 2002-2003.  Then I went on to write Broken and got better at writing medical drama, so when I came back to Code Blue, I was like, "Oh, we can totally improve this."  I think the big rewrite started in 2006, and the story was last updated in 2007.

I miss 00Carter too.  That one has never been officially discontinued.  The last episode we posted was a Christmas one in 2012, which I think ended up being written by just Rose, Lore, and me because everyone else had bailed by then.  We have two more episodes started, but I think it just got to a point where we got frustrated with it and let it fizzle out as we moved on to other projects.  But I have such fond memories of the good old days with that story.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 03, 2021, 09:38:01 PM ---I think it's especially weird that he continues to mess with with when he's not even writing or directing any of it anymore. I think I'd mind less if he was as heavily involved with it as he was with the original trilogy. Confession time, Attack of the Clones was so bad, I have seen none of them since.

--- End quote ---

I hope he's not still messing with them, but he made a bunch of changes after the prequel series came out that a lot of people hated.  For example, at the end of Return of the Jedi (which is my favorite SW movie), Darth Vader does a really cheesy "No... noooo!" as he turns on the Emperor to save Luke.  It's so cringe-worthy and ruins an otherwise great moment.  They also replaced the original Ewok "yub nub" song at the end with instrumental music and added scenes of people celebrating around the galaxy, which is not necessarily bad, but I miss the Ewok song.  And then when Luke sees Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin as Force Ghosts at the end as he's burning his dad's body, it's now Hayden Christensen instead of the old Anakin.  That is the change I mind the least because at least then Anakin is recognizable.

The only SW movie I really can't stand is The Phantom Menace.  Between annoying Jar Jar Binks and the bad acting of young Anakin, it's hard to watch.  Attack of the Clones has terrible, cheesy dialogue, but I found it entertaining.  I actually love Revenge of the Sith; that is the best of the prequel trilogy by far.  I liked the sequel trilogy too, but the originals will always be the best.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 03, 2021, 09:39:37 PM ---Same! Especially for BSB fanfics. Take me back to the time when we all thought they lived in the same house in Florida together a la Big Brother.

OMG, hilarious story idea. Big Brother, but it's only the Backstreet Boys. You could call it Backstreet Brothers, haha. Someone must have done that already.

--- End quote ---

Yes!  I don't know how closely you followed them in 2012, but do you know they rented a house in London and lived together for a month that summer to write for IAWLT?  It was so fanfic of them! LOL

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 03, 2021, 09:51:48 PM ---You know, I think that has something to do with it and the fact that someone once said you were "she likes to chop people" instead of just "she writes Broken/BMS," haha. So in my head, it's always more intense chopping, even though, again, I know it's not.

--- End quote ---

I think the avy came after that horror challenge story I wrote in like 2008 where they all lost limbs or heads.  That was definitely more Saw level choppage, and that's what gave me the title of Choppage Queen.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 03, 2021, 09:51:48 PM ---My MOH said at my bridal shower, "The universe works in mysterious ways. If you really wanted to marry Nick Carter, you should have stopped being on a first name basis with him and been more specific." haha

--- End quote ---

LOL!

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 03, 2021, 10:09:04 PM ---It was a long time ago. I think the big rewrite started in 2006, and the story was last updated in 2007.

I miss 00Carter too.  That one has never been officially discontinued.  The last episode we posted was a Christmas one in 2012. But I have such fond memories of the good old days with that story.
--- End quote ---

I would say I was surprised Rose roped you into 00Carter (other than her being so convincing, so I'm not) because didn't it start right around that time? I'm sure the collaboration-based frustration would have been high.

Four to five years? That's a pretty good run for a collaboration. I guess the nice thing about either of those are that they're only vaguely episode to episode plot so if the urge to jump back in ever struck, it wouldn't be too hard. I say that not knowing how many chapters 00Carter ended up with.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 03, 2021, 10:09:04 PM ---I hope he's not still messing with them, but he made a bunch of changes after the prequel series came out that a lot of people hated.  I liked the sequel trilogy too, but the originals will always be the best.
--- End quote ---

Didn't he add a bunch of weird CGI to the originals too? I always liked Return of the Jedi.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 03, 2021, 10:10:34 PM ---Yes!  I don't know how closely you followed them in 2012, but do you know they rented a house in London and lived together for a month that summer to write for IAWLT?  It was so fanfic of them! LOL

--- End quote ---

I did not follow them that close in 2012 because I was at a point of trying to separate the Boys from being active in the fandom and it was a bit hard to reconcile, so we took a tiny break from each other until the album came out. But, I think I remember them saying that in the documentary? I know I knew it from somewhere because I for sure tiny squeed when I found that out whenever that was.

I wonder how many other things they've done that are more fanfic of them?

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 03, 2021, 10:14:52 PM ---I think the avy came after that horror challenge story I wrote in like 2008 where they all lost limbs or heads.  That was definitely more Saw level choppage, and that's what gave me the title of Choppage Queen.
--- End quote ---

You had to live up to your reputation eventually and amoeba Nick needed to exist! Chop all their body parts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version