Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (34/150) > >>

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 04, 2021, 08:44:16 PM ---Yeah, I think we just need to go into it without any big expectations and the understanding that we're all adults with real life responsibiliti es and other projects that we also want to make time for.  I think what allowed Rose and me to finally finish Song for the Undead, even though it took us like 7 years, was that we were more patient with each other than we were with 00Carter.  We started off strong with Undead, but then real life got in the way for both of us, and we slowed down.  We both wrote other stories in the meantime, but we kept coming back to Undead with the understanding that we were going to finish it eventually.  If we have the same mindset for 00Carter, I think it will help.

--- End quote ---

I'd support that mindset! Especially if life threw any wrenches our way! Fun and not frustrating.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 04, 2021, 08:36:47 PM ---I would not call any of the Boys my muse, per se, but I seem to come up with the most ideas (or maybe just the best ideas) about Nick.  So I guess there is something about him that inspires me.  There's a lot to explore with Nick, when you look at how he grew up and how he's turned out.  Even though he's straightened himself out in real life, he still seems to attract more trouble and drama than the other guys, so it's easy to imagine him in fictional situations that would be less believable for most of the other boys to be involved in.  For example, I have a couple of ideas that were inspired by the sexual abuse allegations Melissa Schuman made against him.

--- End quote ---

I think that goes back to "Nick has main character vibes." Now I just want a fanfic where Howie gets into Nick shenaningans. And oof... that was a hard thing for me to wrap my head around.

I've found that any time I focus on AJ it opens a lot of ideas for me in whatever story I'm working on, though they might not necessarily be about AJ. So he's an inspirational muse. Nick's picky, stubborn, and pushy -- he gets the job done, haha.

RokofAges75:
Personally, I think a big part of my problem the first time around was that I didn't have another novel in the works when 00Carter was at its height.  So it was all I had, fanfic-wise, and I was really into it, and it was frustrating for me to have to wait on other people to be able to write my parts for it.  I think if I have a side project to work on, even if it's not something I'm posting, that will help me chill out more this time around LOL.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 04, 2021, 08:55:02 PM ---I think that goes back to "Nick has main character vibes." Now I just want a fanfic where Howie gets into Nick shenaningans. And oof... that was a hard thing for me to wrap my head around.

I've found that any time I focus on AJ it opens a lot of ideas for me in whatever story I'm working on, though they might not necessarily be about AJ. So he's an inspirational muse. Nick's picky, stubborn, and pushy -- he gets the job done, haha.

--- End quote ---

LOL Other than in 00Carter, I can't see Howie as a bad boy, but that would be a fun challenge.

I really like writing AJ as a supporting character, but I struggle to come up with ideas with him as the main character.  I've been wanting to write an A-Rok story (not a slash, just a bromantic story about Brian and AJ's friendship because I love the two of them together), but I was having a hard time coming up with an idea I really liked.  I ended up just turning part of one of the ideas I did have into a subplot in Road to Bethlehem.

LOL Did anyone else read "he gets the job done" like the immigrants line in Hamilton?

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 04, 2021, 08:59:33 PM ---Personally, I think a big part of my problem the first time around was that I didn't have another novel in the works when 00Carter was at its height.  So it was all I had, fanfic-wise, and I was really into it, and it was frustrating for me to have to wait on other people to be able to write my parts for it.  I think if I have a side project to work on, even if it's not something I'm posting, that will help me chill out more this time around LOL.

--- End quote ---

Surely I was working on PBox then. Or "working" on PBox as the case often was.

Waiting for other people would definitely be frustrating if it was all you were working on. I get that.

Do you have a project lined up for after Bethlehem already or not yet? Where in the story would you say you are in the writing process (beginning, middle, or end)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version