Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (35/150) > >>

RokofAges75:
I'm almost done with Bethlehem, so there's a part of me that's ready to jump back into 00Carter right now, before I get sucked into another story.  The other part of me is like, "No, wait until summer when you'll have more time."  I guess that makes me willing to go along with whatever you guys think!  I do have a start to another novel that I could work on next, or I have other ideas outlined that I could try to start.  I haven't really decided yet.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 04, 2021, 09:04:30 PM ---LOL Other than in 00Carter, I can't see Howie as a bad boy, but that would be a fun challenge.

I really like writing AJ as a supporting character, but I struggle to come up with ideas with him as the main character.  I've been wanting to write an A-Rok story (not a slash, just a bromantic story about Brian and AJ's friendship because I love the two of them together), but I was having a hard time coming up with an idea I really liked.  I ended up just turning part of one of the ideas I did have into a subplot in Road to Bethlehem.

LOL Did anyone else read "he gets the job done" like the immigrants line in Hamilton?

--- End quote ---

I find it hard to believe that Sass D has not had a single Nick-level shenanigan in his life.

As you know, I lean more Kevin and Brian if it's not Nick, then recently it's been team Howie, but when I get the right vibe for AJ, I love him a lot. I struggle with him more than the others, I think. And maybe more than I did with Howie in my early fanfic career (because he wasn't there at all).

I accidentally Hamilton all the time! Like last week's update, there was this line in the chapter:

“I won't pretend to know the challenges we’ll face, but I’m here.” She took another step toward him and reached out her hand, “And I’m not afraid, so you shouldn't be either.”

But this was this line before I edited it:

"I don't pretend to know the challenges we’ll face, but I’m here.” She stepped around the pallet and reached out her hand, “And I’m not afraid, so you shouldn't be either.”

And started here, so oops:

“I don't pretend to know the challenges we’ll face, but I’m not afraid.”

RokofAges75:
LOL!  I regularly wake up with random Hamilton songs stuck in my head, so I get how you could unknowingly write in Hamilton lyrics.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 04, 2021, 09:15:09 PM ---I'm almost done with Bethlehem, so there's a part of me that's ready to jump back into 00Carter right now, before I get sucked into another story.  The other part of me is like, "No, wait until summer when you'll have more time."  I guess that makes me willing to go along with whatever you guys think!  I do have a start to another novel that I could work on next, or I have other ideas outlined that I could try to start.  I haven't really decided yet.

--- End quote ---

I could definitely do a reread earlier than a jump in. I think end of May would be perfect for me for starting unless the reread let to something really concrete/electric. I'd leave the reread deciding to Rose, because I could do it most any weekend after I finish my PBox edit, but not sure if she prefers certain days over others.

RokofAges75:
I'm gonna quote your last 00Carter post in the 00Carter thread I bumped and reply there so we can stop hijacking this thread. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version