Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (40/150) > >>

nicksgal:
I knew putting just the questions in a post would be helpful for people!

--- Quote from: Rose on January 04, 2021, 11:01:50 PM ---3. What's most motivating for you? How do you keep the motivation going? What do you do when the motivation wanes (any particular rituals)? What does your inspiration station look like? (e.g., desk, location in your home, not your home at all, etcetera)

My desk is my happy place. It's surrounded by VIP pics, pics with friends, a pinboard with random BSB things, and signed posters. When inspiration wanes I try not to force it because by forcing it I get more frustrated.
--- End quote ---

I like that all of us have a desk-based happy place. Though Julie wins with her inspiration room.

I enjoyed all your answers!

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 04, 2021, 11:06:41 PM ---2010, the summer of sadness!

--- End quote ---

My summer 2010 was pretty sad too, but for different reasons than fanfic. Maybe it was vibe going around?

RokofAges75:
Aww!  Must have been.

Rose:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 04, 2021, 11:06:41 PM ---2010, the summer of sadness!  That was one of my favorite fanfic summers ever, when we were all writing super angsty dramas.

You know, I used to write romance a lot as a subplot, but I think my romance days may be over.   The last real romance I wrote was my slash LOL.  It's harder now that all the boys are married.  I'm more into the platonic bromance these days.

--- End quote ---

That really was a great summer LOL. So much angst.

Totally get that. You basically have to kill off a wife which I'm not opposed to but still.

Rose:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 04, 2021, 11:12:47 PM ---I knew putting just the questions in a post would be helpful for people!

I like that all of us have a desk-based happy place. Though Julie wins with her inspiration room.

I enjoyed all your answers!

--- End quote ---

I have seen her Room of Random Things and it's so glorious lmao. I like to try and add to it when I can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version