Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (72/150) > >>

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 09, 2021, 04:35:37 PM ---I told myself I had to finish my last chapter edit and was starving to death, so it got quiet here for a minute, haha.

--- End quote ---

Well darn, I thought I would try my old method of listening to NSYNC during Renee and NSYNC chapters and now I'm already half way through editing the next chapter. Guess I gotta buckle down and listen to the least amount of NSYNC possible while writing this story, haha.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 09, 2021, 04:35:37 PM ---OMG, I love it! I have the old scholastic one still "Everybody... Read a Book!" and I have been dying to put it in my classrooms, but my students always liked to pull down our decorations and my school is bigger on "student centered displays," so it's stayed at home. If you have something in common with their families, you're gold. I relish the times I get called "mom," it makes me feel so important to their lives.

--- End quote ---

Aww, I need to find that one!  And yes, I love getting called mom too.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 09, 2021, 06:22:50 PM ---Aww, I need to find that one!  And yes, I love getting called mom too.

--- End quote ---

I begged our librarian for it at the end of the year back when I was a young one myself. I have treasured it since.

RokofAges75:
I was going through Question Thread #11 and had to smile when I saw this post I wrote: http://absolutechaos.net/fictalk/index.php/topic,3214.msg113733.html#msg113733

"I am all about that mind-blowing moment when the reader finds out the story she thought was going in a certain direction has just taken a huge turn in a totally different direction.  Granted, in my stories, that twist usually comes in the form of some deadly disease or another, so that's probably starting to become predictable.  Maybe someday I'll do the opposite and write a cancer story that turns into some crazy suspense thriller. :)"

I did do that!  It wasn't a cancer story, but medical drama that turns into some crazy suspense thriller?  Check.  I didn't get the specific idea for that story until 2017, but I forgot I had this thought three years earlier.

Has anyone else either followed through with a story idea many years later, or had the same basic idea twice and didn't realize it until way after the fact?

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 09, 2021, 07:39:35 PM ---I was going through Question Thread #11 and had to smile when I saw this post I wrote: http://absolutechaos.net/fictalk/index.php/topic,3214.msg113733.html#msg113733

"Maybe someday I'll do the opposite and write a cancer story that turns into some crazy suspense thriller. :)"
--- End quote ---

Now you have to write a suspense thriller that turns out to be a fever dreamed caused by cancer.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 09, 2021, 07:39:35 PM ---Has anyone else either followed through with a story idea many years later, or had the same basic idea twice and didn't realize it until way after the fact?

--- End quote ---

I didn't think I had, but then I stumbled on this thread ("Rewriting Old Stories?") today where I said:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on February 02, 2008, 03:22:44 PM ---There's a few I've thought about rewriting, but never got around to it yet. When I originally made that list (of all my stories and where they were in progress), I kind of came to the conclusion that a story I had started writing years ago had a similar basic plot idea to PBox... Only PBox is way more interesting. lol

--- End quote ---

And now I'm rewriting PBox... Man, I've apparently really only had one good idea ever, haha.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version