Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (102/150) > >>

FrickingKaos:
Lol I should have read back but thank you for showing me lol. In this particular case Brian has a lot to say and Nick doesn't like how I originally wanted him to react so he had me change a bunch of stuff. He is a persistent little shit haha

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 15, 2021, 07:20:07 PM ---Lol I should have read back but thank you for showing me lol. In this particular case Brian has a lot to say and Nick doesn't like how I originally wanted him to react so he had me change a bunch of stuff. He is a persistent little shit haha

--- End quote ---

Nah, I think this thread goes pretty fast. I've enjoyed every minute of it, but I've only had to play catch up the two times Rose appeared and replied to twenty different things. But I know it can be frustrating combing back through a quick-paced thread, so I'm happy other people come in to post. :) Happy to pull up anything if it helps.

I think Nick basically badgers until he gets his way. He's very opinionated about everything for many of us, it seems. If I go a while without hearing from him, I miss his annoying ways, but that also tells me I'm doing everything exactly right, according to him anyway. Sometimes if I get stuck with a couple options, I'll put something that could fit, but he wouldn't like so he'll pop up and say "EX~CUSE ME!" so I can get back on the right track.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 10, 2021, 05:36:01 PM ---I came across a YouTube video once made by a former fanfic author who became published, talking about bad habits fanfic authors have.  https://youtu.be/SmbUAKi-ovY

--- End quote ---

So I started watching some of her other fanfic to pro videos while eating dinner and basically got sucked in. I think it's all pretty interesting! Anyone else watch any of these videos?

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 14, 2021, 09:46:21 PM ---Although Madeleine might not be the worst way to sneak in a BSB reference either.

--- End quote ---

Ooh, Madeleine's a good one!  No one outside of the fandom would ever get where that came from LOL.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 15, 2021, 09:24:07 PM ---Ooh, Madeleine's a good one!  No one outside of the fandom would ever get where that came from LOL.

--- End quote ---

Let's just say that I've considered it. I don't even think my husband would catch it, haha. There's also Julia in Poster Girl.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version