Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (103/150) > >>

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 15, 2021, 05:41:43 PM ---I've been working on a update for If I Knew Then for a few days now and Nick has been bugging the hell out of me to change things and rewrite them.
--- End quote ---

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 15, 2021, 07:20:07 PM ---Lol I should have read back but thank you for showing me lol. In this particular case Brian has a lot to say and Nick doesn't like how I originally wanted him to react so he had me change a bunch of stuff. He is a persistent little shit haha

--- End quote ---

Conversations are where the boys push back against me the most.  Sometimes conversations just don't go the way I thought they might go, but they usually turn out better for it.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 15, 2021, 08:53:29 PM ---So I started watching some of her other fanfic to pro videos while eating dinner and basically got sucked in. I think it's all pretty interesting! Anyone else watch any of these videos?

--- End quote ---

I don't think I have watched any of her other videos.  I'm not sure how I found the original one, but it apparently stuck with me.  I will have to venture down that rabbit hole someday soon.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 15, 2021, 09:27:26 PM ---Let's just say that I've considered it. I don't even think my husband would catch it, haha. There's also Julia in Poster Girl.

--- End quote ---

She was trashy though, with her smoking and shoplifting LOL.  Plus, there's never been total agreement on whether it's Julie or Jodie.  Most of the lyrics sites say Jodie.  This is something I would love for the Boys to clarify for us someday because it's hard to tell.  Poster Girl is my least favorite song on Never Gone, but I liked it a little better when I thought it had my pen name in it.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 15, 2021, 09:39:04 PM ---Once in a while, but not as often as it does to Dee LOL.  I've pretty much tortured the boys into submission by now, so they generally do what I want.  I did do Nick and Brian a small favor by revising the last two chapters of Bethlehem I posted (which was originally one giant chapter) to make them slightly less dramatic, which may be a first for me LOL.

--- End quote ---

Lucky duck. ;) I'm sure Nick and Brian thank you for being slightly less dramatic.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 15, 2021, 09:40:57 PM ---Conversations are where the boys push back against me the most.  Sometimes conversations just don't go the way I thought they might go, but they usually turn out better for it.

--- End quote ---

I love it when it happens in conversations. I'm pretty used to Nick being pushy about whatever, but when it's a conversation, it means the other Boys are pushing back, haha. There's a chapter coming up down the line where Nick's looking to pick a fight, basically. Brian tries being reassuring, Howie tries logic, Kevin tries to put him in his place gently, but then it ended up being AJ who got the conversation to end... with Nick storming out, but I don't think Nick or I were expecting AJ to shut him up, haha.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version