Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (111/150) > >>

FrickingKaos:
The only writing goal I had for this weekend was to finish Chapter 39 of If I Knew Then, and I'm close to it but I'm probably going to end up finishing it tonight or tomorrow morning, I'm maybe half done with it. Depending on if Nick allows me to finish it without interruptions. So far he's been quiet because it's more of a Brian centric chapter anyway.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 17, 2021, 02:21:48 PM ---The only writing goal I had for this weekend was to finish Chapter 39 of If I Knew Then, and I'm close to it but I'm probably going to end up finishing it tonight or tomorrow morning, I'm maybe half done with it. Depending on if Nick allows me to finish it without interruptions. So far he's been quiet because it's more of a Brian centric chapter anyway.

--- End quote ---

I think not being in a chapter is equivalent to the knocking him out Julie suggested, haha.

nicksgal:
I'm rewriting a part right now where Nick's pretty darn sad and sobbing (the beginning of chapter 45 for anyone familiar). I started to write that he hiccuped (which Nick seems okay with, he's not being a dick about it or anything), but the sheer act of writing "he hiccuped" is making me laugh. Like he's a cute puppy with those huge puppy eyes, just hiccuping while he sobs. And while hiccuping would be a natural response for the body, it's just offsetting the sadness for me. I just want to give him a hug, but more for the "aww, cute, you hiccuped" feeling than the "aww, you're so sad, you look like you need a hug" feeling. I don't know that this is supposed to make me laugh, so I should probably just erase it.

FrickingKaos:
I like that lol it kinda makes me laugh too but it's like a good visual to see the type of crying he's doing.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 17, 2021, 02:52:48 PM ---I like that lol it kinda makes me laugh too but it's like a good visual to see the type of crying he's doing.

--- End quote ---

That's why I wrote it, because if you're sobbing and hyperventilati ng, your body will eventually go, "OMG, we gotta hiccup! Time to BREATHE!" But it just makes me laugh so much.

I think it's the same reason I laughed and wanted to hug him when he yawned once in PNecklace. I wrote that, and went "OMG, Nick's doing something mundanely normal, what?" And I realized he rarely does things like that, things that are human, but kind of vulnerable. So I gave him a reason.  And now that I'm writing this out, I'm laughing at the idea of him sneezing. He would be so upset if he was getting sick and made an audible noise about it! Haha!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version