Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (120/150) > >>

FrickingKaos:
I actually tried the link from my phone and even my IPad and laptop and couldnt get it to work for me. so I looked it up and kept saying that it doesnt have a E Book version that I could just skip to the part about Brian, but I appreciate you trying to help me. I've been working on this chapter all day. Rewrote things twice. I'm still plugging away, though.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 18, 2021, 07:37:19 PM ---Have you ever read the chapter he wrote for the book "Taking on Heart Disease"?  You can read it on Google Books: https://www.google.com/books/edition/Taking_on_Heart_Disease/j-Pc9RfM2DoC?hl=en&gbpv=1&bsq=brian%20littrell  Hopefully this link will work.  It's a really good, detailed account of his surgery.  It also has a little bit about the aftermath and going back on tour.  Hopefully it will help!

Haha, here I am!  Happy to help if needed.

--- End quote ---

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 18, 2021, 10:38:46 PM ---Eh, it's not so much diligence as wanting to bask in the glow of a newly finished story LOL.  That is one of the best feelings.
--- End quote ---

Oh man, it's been a long time since I finished a story, I don't remember that feeling! I guess I enjoyed writing my holiday story, posting it, and then thinking "I never have to worry about this again!" Though Nick in the candle shop pops into my head sometimes and I laugh a lot every time it pops up. Someone got me a candle in my secret santa gift at work and I laughed so hard to myself. Not sure if you read it, but here:

I sniffed a candle. Blegh, pine barf. I glared at it. First snow? What a weird name for pine barf. I plopped it back on the shelf. Does Kevin even like candles? That seems more like a Howie or AJ thing. Ocean breeze? I picked it up and sniffed it. Blegh. What is that?! That doesn’t even smell like an ocean. It’s not salty enough… It smells... sweet? Like it’s trying to be candy instead of an ocean. Sandy beaches? I picked it up.

I don’t want a lot for Christmas...

Arg! I have to get out of here! Why is everyone playing this song?! Sandy beaches, I bet you smell terrible anyway! I put it back on the shelf, then power walked out of the store.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 18, 2021, 10:52:16 PM ---I actually tried the link from my phone and even my IPad and laptop and couldnt get it to work for me. so I looked it up and kept saying that it doesnt have a E Book version that I could just skip to the part about Brian, but I appreciate you trying to help me. I've been working on this chapter all day. Rewrote things twice. I'm still plugging away, though.
--- End quote ---

I just clicked on it on my laptop in incognito mode and it went right to it. Maybe try that?

I died that his doctor called them the "Backdoor Boys" when he mentioned the band to his daughter and it was published in the book that way, haha.

FrickingKaos:
I rarely use my laptop because I get frustrated with it LOL. I got a chromebook like last year as a christmas present to myself, it came with the laptop and a scanner/printer. I hardly am ever home to actually use it but I'm using it tonight.

nicksgal:
I have a chromebook too! Try incognito mode, it went straight to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version