Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (122/150) > >>

nicksgal:
That's kind of how I'm feeling about being done editing. Do I stay glued and go right back to chunking away at PNecklace? Do I catch up on tv? Do I go back to hardcore organizing the house?  :shrug:

I don't know that I have rituals either because it's been so long since I've finished anything substantial. So if I used to do anything, I've long forgotten. On Wednesdays after I update on here and when I update my note where I keep track of word counts/day, I always finger high five my little PBox Nick doodle (because his hand is too small for a real high five). That's probably the extent of it.

I don't have an answer to the reset question either for the same reason.

I've also been meaning to ask, how long does this thread go before it gets a second one called "2 Writing 2 Thread"?

RokofAges75:
LOL I remember feeling that way, back when I would go years between finishing stories because they were all so long, and I was so busy.  I forgot what it felt like to finish one.  It's exciting and satisfying, but then there's also that bittersweet sense of "What do I do now that this is over?"

A couple related questions for everyone: 

What story felt most satisfying to finish and why? 

Which of your unfinished projects (if you have more than one) would you most like to finish?

RokofAges75:
We could start a new thread anytime!  This one got long quickly LOL.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 19, 2021, 06:41:56 PM ---LOL I remember feeling that way, back when I would go years between finishing stories because they were all so long, and I was so busy.  I forgot what it felt like to finish one.  It's exciting and satisfying, but then there's also that bittersweet sense of "What do I do now that this is over?"
--- End quote ---

Well, I think when I finished PBox the first time, it was definitely "I never want to look at another fantasy again." Definitely stretched myself too thin back then.

What story felt most satisfying to finish and why?

Any story I finished? haha! It did feel pretty nice to finish the ~150,000 word juggernaut that was PBox. In this edit, it's definitely creeping closer to 200,000, so here we are.

Which of your unfinished projects (if you have more than one) would you most like to finish?

Other than current projects? Probably Gobosei, especially with our recent Backstreet Project chatter.

Anything else I started writing is definitely lost to the past. But Gobosei was always one I wanted to finish that unfortunately got pushed to the side for PBox.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 19, 2021, 06:46:45 PM ---We could start a new thread anytime!  This one got long quickly LOL.

--- End quote ---

But now we're at 41 pages... Can't just leave a thread on 41 pages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version