Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (125/150) > >>

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 19, 2021, 07:41:22 PM ---Gobosei, I'm so sorry you got pushed to the side for PBox. You had many more funny moments.

--- End quote ---

This is exactly what happened to Guilty Roads too.  Darn pushy ideas!  I hope you'll go back to Gobosei one day and keep writing funny moments.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 19, 2021, 09:10:41 PM ---This is exactly what happened to Guilty Roads too.  Darn pushy ideas!  I hope you'll go back to Gobosei one day and keep writing funny moments.

--- End quote ---

PBox Nick is more demanding than Gobosei Nick. If Gobosei Nick were equally as demanding, then I probably would finish it.

I think the problem was that PBox was so pushy, but then I also had the added issue of having to change Gobosei from script format to a novelization for the first two chapters and it was... time consuming.

Like it was one thing to have a little script where I wrote "Nick looked down at himself, he has transformed." And then draw this picture of him looking at his outfit. But then on top of that decide to write: Nick looked down, following the eyes of the other four. *Proceed to describe clothing in 180 words* Nick’s surprise matched everyone else’s. He jumped from his kneeling position and began waving his arms frantically and screaming.

And that chunk is probably still not as interesting as his face in the picture (edited: figured you all deserved to see him screaming too). Though I'm sure I could make it more interesting now that I've had more practice and time writing epics and comedies.

FrickingKaos:

What story felt most satisfying to finish and why? 

Probably my Nick and Amanda series, which took me 10 years to write. It felt so satisfying to finish that. I did kind of start a spin off that was centered on Brian finding his girlfriend on the internet in a Star Wars chat room.

Which of your unfinished projects (if you have more than one) would you most like to finish?

I have so many. That’s one reason I’m excited that I picked up writing If I Knew Then again, because I was worried it would be unfinished forever. Back to the question though, I’d love to finish Take Me Home, my science fiction story.

[/quote]

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 19, 2021, 09:45:22 PM ---What story felt most satisfying to finish and why? 

Probably my Nick and Amanda series, which took me 10 years to write. It felt so satisfying to finish that. I did kind of start a spin off that was centered on Brian finding his girlfriend on the internet in a Star Wars chat room.

Which of your unfinished projects (if you have more than one) would you most like to finish?

I have so many. That’s one reason I’m excited that I picked up writing If I Knew Then again, because I was worried it would be unfinished forever. Back to the question though, I’d love to finish Take Me Home, my science fiction story.
--- End quote ---

I think the longer you spend working on something, the more satisfying it feels when it's finished. I'm glad you did finish it! I'm also intrigued by Brian finding a girlfriend via chatroom.

I believe in you! Keep finishing old things!

FrickingKaos:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 19, 2021, 09:54:47 PM ---I think the longer you spend working on something, the more satisfying it feels when it's finished. I'm glad you did finish it! I'm also intrigued by Brian finding a girlfriend via chatroom.

I believe in you! Keep finishing old things!

--- End quote ---

Yes my readers thought that was an interesting idea too. In the story he’s a cop...well got promoted to detective, so he’s a detective. He meets this girl from Texas online in Star Wars role play and they hit it off. She’s a college student studying child development. It’s a AU, a spin off of Nick and Amanda, where Nick is a singer but a solo artist. So in that story he has two kids and ends up hiring the girl Brian is dating as his nanny. This new story is basically telling how they met, cause at the end of the Nick and Amanda series they actually are engaged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version