Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (126/150) > >>

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 19, 2021, 10:01:40 PM ---Yes my readers thought that was an interesting idea too. In the story he’s a cop...well got promoted to detective, so he’s a detective. He meets this girl from Texas online in Star Wars role play and they hit it off. She’s a college student studying child development. It’s a AU, a spin off of Nick and Amanda, where Nick is a singer but a solo artist. So in that story he has two kids and ends up hiring the girl Brian is dating as his nanny. This new story is basically telling how they met, cause at the end of the Nick and Amanda series they actually are engaged.

--- End quote ---

I'm laughing at Brian doing Star Wars role play online. What a "they're just like us" moment.

FrickingKaos:
Lol i thought it was something different.

I likely won’t be posting that one any time soon, I’m looking at maybe posting the group story I had started which is titled “History” after the song by One Direction. It takes place in 2011/2012 right when Kevin was about to come back to the group. While its a group story it centers around Nick and Kevin. So it’s a brotherly type group story. I’m more inclined to post that than a Brian centered romance that I don’t know if anyone would even be interested in considering everything going on with Brian in real life.

nicksgal:
More Nick and Kevin! They melt my heart every time.

I figure it could either be the worst time or the best time to write and post Brian-centered stories. Maybe people want to escape into fanfic Brian?

RokofAges75:
What's something you would absolutely go back and tell your younger self about writing (fanfics or otherwise) if you could?

Hey there, younger self!  I know you're excited, but you don't have to post everything you write immediately after writing it.  Also, you should really look stuff up on the internet instead of relying on Lurlene McDaniel books from the '80s for your medical research.  There's this new search engine called Google.  It's going to be a game-changer!

And, what's something you would be hesitant to tell your younger self?

I know you're, like, totally in love with Brian Littrell and think he's perfect, but he's actually not.  And Nick is not so bad.  Believe it or not, someday you'll run out of Brian ideas and start writing Nick stories instead.

Alternatively, is there anything you wish your younger self could tell you from way back when?

OMG, I can't believe you're 35 and still writing BSB fanfic.  I'm, like, so embarrassed for you, future self.  But if you're seriously gonna keep doing this, you should really stop overthinking every word and just WRITE!  You may be better than me, but I'm much faster!

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 19, 2021, 09:45:22 PM ---I’m excited that I picked up writing If I Knew Then again, because I was worried it would be unfinished forever.
--- End quote ---

I'm glad you came back to it too!  I'm really enjoying this story.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version