Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (134/150) > >>

nicksgal:
I tried writing on my tablet and I hated it for anything long term. It's just too small. I'm very pleased to have a laptop again.

Would you say you use the phone or laptop for different types of writing or just a "mood" thing?

FrickingKaos:
If I'm home I prefer using the iPad because I have a Bluetooth keyboard for it so it's like a laptop. I also have a laptop that I use mostly for gaming, but I like writing on the iPad more. Not sure why that is, I think i just like the keyboard that I use.

nicksgal:
I think keyboard has a lot to do with it. Getting a keyboard for my tablet was a game changer! But, now I barely use it at all. Now if I could have a huge screen for my laptop, that would be awesome! Maybe someday, I'll be one of those people with multiple monitors, except it won't be for games, it will be for writing, research, and maybe rabbit holes.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 21, 2021, 09:05:17 PM ---Speaking of, when you're reading fanfics, do you just read them in your inner voice or do you hear an approximation of the Boys' voices in your head if they're speaking?

--- End quote ---

I hear an approximation of the Boys' voices, at least for the dialogue.  That's how I decide if it sounds like something they would say or not.  I think that's why dialogue is so important and why we've all said we enjoy banter.  The dialogue is what makes the characters believable and, in our case, recognizable as the Boys.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 21, 2021, 09:13:12 PM ---OMG, I just told my husband that I was writing a really emotional death scene and had to get back to work. The look on his face was sheer pricelessness. He will definitely never ask me about my writing ever again.

--- End quote ---

Hahaha!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version