Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Reading Thread

<< < (3/15) > >>

RokofAges75:
What a great dream!  I bet he would like your fantasy stuff, especially if he didn't realize it was about him LOL.  He definitely has main character vibes.  I love that way of thinking about it!

nicksgal:
It's up his alley for sure.

Is there anything he hasn't done in a fanfic at this point? Quick! Think of the weirdest thing you can!

RokofAges75:
LOL Probably not.  Nick in fanfics is like Rule #34 of the internet.  If you can think of it, it exists.

nicksgal:
If there's BSB fanfic rules, I feel like that's Rule #1, haha.

Shape of Water, but all the characters are Nick. That's mine.

mare:
I stopped reading fanfic long before I stopped writing it, so it’s been awhile. I can recommend some books to read though. I’m almost done with Where the Crawdads Sing and it’s been terribly sad but awesome. The Institute was a great SK suspense and if you enjoy lawyer drama The Guardians by John Grisham was awesome.

I agree with the both of you why Nick seems to be the favorite to torture. I also think it has to do with him being the youngest. From loving the old school brotherly bond stories, the inclination is to have all the big brothers look out for the younger one. I know that was always a motivator for me.

I regret never finishing the last story I was working on. I can’t even remember it’s name but I had vowed never to leave people hanging the way I felt like other authors left me hanging, but alas... lol

And as far as writing versus reading. I’m not sure where I stand on that. I think I preferred to write the disturbing stuff over reading it because I had total control over what was going to happen. Too many times I found myself rewriting other people’s stories in my head to fit with what I wanted to happen. Probably something every writer secretly does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version