Fic Talk > General Discussion

2 Writing 2 Thread

(1/148) > >>

nicksgal:
Preemptively starting this so we can stop the other one at fifty pages! I'll edit in all the questions from the first one here if anyone wants to come back and add answers to any they missed.  :-*

Please find the last set of writing questions below. I'll summarize the end of the Writing Thread there so that Julie can add it to the question archive.

While writing, if you had to give up snacks and drinks or music, which would be harder to give up and why?

Which is your favorite season to write in and why?

If you had the opportunity to live anywhere in the world for a full year while writing a book, but your book had to take place there, where would you choose?

What is your favorite word and why?

What book from your childhood has shaped you most as a writer?

Do you believe in the concept of a muse? What is yours like?

As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal?

mare:

While writing, if you had to give up snacks and drinks or music, which would be harder to give up and why?

When I write, I need complete concentration, so I do not use any of the above.

It used to be summer since I had them free, but now that I have all seasons free, none of them I guess lol

If you had the opportunity to live anywhere in the world for a full year while writing a book, but your book had to take place there, where would you choose?

Cape Cod. I love it up there. I know I should've picked somewhere more exotic, but honestly, I wouldn't feel comfortable writing about somewhere overseas.

Kerfuffle because it's awesome

Definitely Little Women. I always wanted to be just like Jo.

Not really

An otter

RokofAges75:
I don't usually eat while I write - only if I'm starving but too inspired to stop writing.  I do usually have some sort of drink (preferably with caffeine), but I think I would have a harder time giving up music.  I almost always listen to music when I write.

From a practical standpoint, summer is my favorite because that's when I have the most time to write.  But if I wasn't a teacher, I would say winter.  There's something so cozy about staying in and writing on a cold, snowy day.

I would live in a quaint little cottage on the coast of Scotland or Ireland.  I studied abroad in Scotland when I was in college, and it was the most beautiful place I've ever been.  I got to visit Ireland for a few days while I was over there, and it was also beautiful.  I would happily live there and set a book there too.  I actually started a fanfic that took place in Scotland years ago, but I never got far enough on it to post it.

"Orbs" because it's a great, poetic synonym for eyeballs.  :D

Pretty much any book by Lurlene McDaniel, but especially "Don't Die, My Love."  She was my favorite author in middle school, and my early fanfics were basically the BSB version of her books about teenagers dealing with cancer, organ transplants, and other tragic illnesses.

Not really, but Rose and I used to joke that our muses were conjoined so only one of us could write at a time.  We called them the Siamuse, and here is a picture of them:

Mine was Billy, the ferret on the left, and hers was Bob, the penguin on the right.

Probably a turtle.  My writing tends to be slow and steady, but I can speed up when inspiration strikes.  I love to retreat into my shell, so to say, and avoid social interaction outside of the internet when I'm inspired.  I am a creature of habit, always returning to my comfort zone as a writer, and at the rate I'm going, I will probably still be writing fanfic when I'm incredibly ancient LOL.  Also... magic turtle! (https://youtu.be/gAZ0pAIczA0)

nicksgal:
I'll respond to the rest of this tomorrow or so, because I'm tired post-updating, but I gotta ask... Why are you all so anti-snacks? haha

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 27, 2021, 12:13:42 AM ---While writing, if you had to give up snacks and drinks or music, which would be harder to give up and why?
Well considering I don’t do any of that when i write anyway, and it’s very rare that I’m listening to music WHILE I write, that is an easy answer for me lol

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: mare on January 27, 2021, 11:50:00 AM --- While writing, if you had to give up snacks and drinks or music, which would be harder to give up and why?
When I write, I need complete concentration, so I do not use any of the above.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 27, 2021, 06:35:54 PM ---While writing, if you had to give up snacks and drinks or music, which would be harder to give up and why?
I don't usually eat while I write - only if I'm starving but too inspired to stop writing.  I do usually have some sort of drink (preferably with caffeine), but I think I would have a harder time giving up music.  I almost always listen to music when I write.
--- End quote ---

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 28, 2021, 12:15:14 AM ---I'll respond to the rest of this tomorrow or so, because I'm tired post-updating, but I gotta ask... Why are you all so anti-snacks? haha

--- End quote ---

LOL I love snacks, but I'm fat enough already!  If I'm gonna sit on my ass all day writing, I definitely don't need to be eating while I do it.  All my pacing and fasting while writing was probably the only thing that kept me from gaining the quarantine fifteen because I know I did not exercise as much as I should have LOL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version