Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)

<< < (31/149) > >>

mare:

--- Quote from: mare on March 22, 2021, 09:13:50 PM ---I saw my name up there somewhere and you asked me to weigh in on something that I tried but was hard? I have no clue what that was in reference to lol but I do enjoy when Dee calls me wise. So what where you talking about? It looks like a collaboration? Was it a choose your own adventure?

--- End quote ---

I did attempt one of those. I only posted it on my site because it would’ve been too complicated to post it on AC. Sadly when my site went down, so did the story. It wasn’t very long but it was pretty complicated to do. It would probably work much better as a collab.

I do believe I did alternate endings on whatever the night may bring as well.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: mare on March 23, 2021, 08:27:00 PM ---I did attempt one of those. I only posted it on my site because it would’ve been too complicated to post it on AC. Sadly when my site went down, so did the story. It wasn’t very long but it was pretty complicated to do. It would probably work much better as a collab.

I do believe I did alternate endings on whatever the night may bring as well.

--- End quote ---

I wondered that too. Does a CYOA have an update chapter for each path? Are they just scenes in one chapter? Are the chapters long? Short? I guess it's personal preference, probably.

Oh fun! How was it to write multiple alternate endings?

mare:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on March 23, 2021, 10:15:46 PM ---I wondered that too. Does a CYOA have an update chapter for each path? Are they just scenes in one chapter? Are the chapters long? Short? I guess it's personal preference, probably.

Oh fun! How was it to write multiple alternate endings?

--- End quote ---

Oh my God! I had written a whole answer to this question and then lost it! So frustrating lol

The plot was very simple and kind of a short story. About five chapters long. But with each chapter having two choices I think I ended up writing almost twenty five chapters. It was a big undertaking and I doubt I’d ever do anything like it again. The chapters were short, probably about 1,500 or so. I wish I had figured out a way to save it.

The alternate endings were fun. I only wrote three of them and I did manage to post those onto AC using pick a,b or c.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: mare on March 24, 2021, 06:44:56 AM ---Oh my God! I had written a whole answer to this question and then lost it! So frustrating lol
--- End quote ---

I hate when this happens. And then whatever I type afterward is just so half-assed because I can't be bothered.

--- Quote from: mare on March 24, 2021, 06:44:56 AM ---The plot was very simple and kind of a short story. About five chapters long. But with each chapter having two choices I think I ended up writing almost twenty five chapters. It was a big undertaking and I doubt I’d ever do anything like it again. The chapters were short, probably about 1,500 or so. I wish I had figured out a way to save it.

The alternate endings were fun. I only wrote three of them and I did manage to post those onto AC using pick a,b or c.

--- End quote ---

That's crazy that a five chapter story ended up being 25 chapters because of the choices. Do you remember the basic plot you picked, out of curiosity?

That's fun! You really have done everything. I always wanted to write alternate endings for a story that made sense, but then tell people there was one other  one and have them all freak out trying to find it.  :biggrin:

Any other wisdom you'd like to impart on us? Just in case I missed out on any! lol

mare:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on March 24, 2021, 06:24:20 PM ---I hate when this happens. And then whatever I type afterward is just so half-assed because I can't be bothered.

That's crazy that a five chapter story ended up being 25 chapters because of the choices. Do you remember the basic plot you picked, out of curiosity?

That's fun! You really have done everything. I always wanted to write alternate endings for a story that made sense, but then tell people there was one other  one and have them all freak out trying to find it.  :biggrin:

Any other wisdom you'd like to impart on us? Just in case I missed out on any! lol

--- End quote ---

It was AJ centered story. He was going to go to the store and one choice was going with Howie and the other was Nick and depending on which one he chose, different things happened. After thinking about it yesterday, I’m beginning to remember that maybe I never actually finished it. I can’t seem to remember actually posting it. I’m not positive though. I know I wrote at least 25 chapters but I think maybe at that point I felt like I had bitten off more than I could chew? I do remember that the end result was going to be how AJ meets Rochelle.

I can’t think of any words of wisdom I have except that maybe always save everything you write and always have a plan B  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version