Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)

<< < (89/149) > >>

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 24, 2021, 10:06:34 PM ---But were they rabbits with facial hair? Because I always picture Kevin with facial hair. And did rabbit!Kevin have expressive eyebrows? These are the things I care most about, obviously.

--- End quote ---

It mostly just described their ears and tails.  Kevin had ears that stuck up straight, but Brian had lop ears... or vice versa.  I don't remember.  I just know it was about the two of them fucking like rabbits... as actual rabbits...

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 24, 2021, 10:06:34 PM ---Yay, you got to your new chapter! If you needed to research to write good things, then you needed to research. I was also feeling really productive in the past hour and only wrote about 200 words, so I feel you. We're just not as fast as we used to be. I wonder if the lack of pressure to have a new chapter to post right now contributes to that or if it is just because we are more thorough in our while writing research. I think we're about tied. Let's do it! Writing sprint for fifteen minutes right now! Go!

--- End quote ---

Glad I'm not alone!  I do think it's a combination of doing more research, thinking more about my word choice, and getting distracted more by social media LOL.  But okay!  I will set a timer for 15 minutes when I'm done with this post and report back.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 24, 2021, 10:06:34 PM ---I repurchased Nick's book with the intent to reread it back in October when I went looking for my I'm Taking Off cd and couldn't find it. I think maybe I had them both digitally and that computer died? Anyway, I haven't yet, purely because I'm trying not to let hot mess Nick interrupt my plucky PBox Nick groove.

Back on topic, I feel like he was in Tennessee when this forum was in its infancy? Maybe check back on old threads and see if we talked about it? That could have been either late 2006 or late 2007, but would surely confirm one way or the other. I agree, I blame the ecstasy. I never trust him or AJ for timeline things anymore except for hard facts (like all five of them meeting each other on April 20, 1993 or when a CD came out). But then, I also did not do ecstasy and have a hard time remembering exact timelines myself, so maybe it's a combination of age and a hard party lifestyle. (I'm slightly exaggerating for my own "hard party lifestyle" here, obviously.)

--- End quote ---

Aww, you should reread Nick's book someday when hot mess Nick won't derail you.  I'm writing about Nick at the tail end of his hot mess phase, so I have referred back to his book often.  I will have to search here and see if we mentioned Nick moving to Tennessee because I don't remember for sure either.  I just feel like he should know when he bought a house and moved to a new state because that seems like a big deal, even if he's done it at a lot?  I know exactly what month and year I moved in to every place I have lived.  But I also have not done ecstasy, and I am generally good with remembering dates or at least years.

I agree, the Boys are pretty bad at that LOL.  They always get dates of albums and stuff wrong.  We fans have a way better memory for that kind of stuff.

Okay, 15-minute writing spring... ready, set, go!

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 24, 2021, 10:18:00 PM ---Okay, 15-minute writing spring... ready, set, go!

--- End quote ---

Are we just writing for fifteen minutes or using the website with the timer? lol

RokofAges75:
I just set my phone timer for 15 minutes and wrote, but I can try it again with the site.  I have to go back and find it.  Is it something we have to sign up for to keep track?

I wrote 232 words, and I only stopped to Google something once.  Next time I will try to not Google anything at all LOL.  Even as I was doing it, I was like, "You could have just made something up and gone back and fixed it later."  It's like a compulsion LOL.

RokofAges75:
Okay, I found it: https://wordsprints.org/  Should we start a group sprint?

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 24, 2021, 10:36:16 PM ---I just set my phone timer for 15 minutes and wrote, but I can try it again with the site.  I have to go back and find it.  Is it something we have to sign up for to keep track?

I wrote 232 words, and I only stopped to Google something once.  Next time I will try to not Google anything at all LOL.  Even as I was doing it, I was like, "You could have just made something up and gone back and fixed it later."  It's like a compulsion LOL.

--- End quote ---

I also couldn't remember the site and just set a timer on my phone, lol. I don't think you had to sign up, but I know it does something different if we're all doing it at once. I don't know if we can see each other's progress or what. Let me re-look into it.

I wrote 356 words and also stopped to google something once, so again, fairly even in our habits, lol! Mine was "can horses walk across deserts?" lol I also thought about just writing it and googling it later, but I did make a conscious effort to glance at the answer (yes, but they need more water than a camel) then move on to writing instead of getting sucked into the anatomy of a camel that makes them better for traversing deserts, lmao.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version