Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)

<< < (105/149) > >>

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on May 04, 2021, 09:32:15 PM ---I am too!  Maybe we can get Rose back on board this summer.  I just added you back to the co-author list.

No, he didn't, but it was worth it for the joke I got out of it LOL.
--- End quote ---

Summer's probably a good time to attempt it. I'll have finished another project by then, so I'll be ready for something else. Sweet; now I look slightly more recently prolific, lol.

Killing people off for jokes, tsk tsk.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on May 04, 2021, 09:32:15 PM ---Every man dies.  Not every man really lives.

No, in my mind, Lil Plot Device Dorough went on to live a long and full life with the help of medication.  Yeah science!
--- End quote ---

Aw, I hope science did help out Lil Plot Device Dorough! With a name like that, you're clearly meant to go places. ;)

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on May 04, 2021, 09:32:15 PM ---LOL There's a new pairing for AO3... Nick/Kevin's mom.  I bet that's never been done!  Howie's sisters are older than him, so I doubt any of them ever dated Nick, but maybe a cousin or niece or something?  I don't know.
--- End quote ---

Now that you mention niece, I think it was a niece. I feel like I've heard Howie talk about Nick being at his house all the time for the ladies and not Howie, lol. Poor Howie. I like to think it was for loving family time and cute girls being a bonus. Was this in the doc? I swear I'm not making it up! lol

I said yesterday that Kevin wouldn't put up with that... I can't imagine Kevin's mom putting up with Hot Mess Nick, to be honest, lol.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on May 04, 2021, 09:32:15 PM ---Yep, that's exactly it.  If it's raining, I can't do yard work, can't go out for a walk, can't go hang out at my friend's pool, etc.  Perfect excuse to stay home, stay in, and write!
--- End quote ---

Let's think of the things we can do. Write. Make coffee. Watch tv. Clean the house. Nap. May as well write, lol.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on May 04, 2021, 09:32:15 PM ---Aww, Frick and Frack cuteness!  I hope your writing went well so you could stay up late last night!
--- End quote ---

As you know, I am a sucker for Frick and Frack. I went to bed at the regular time, lol. But I've written about 500 words today so far, so I will stay on my two days per chapter streak. I also wrote 100 words of dialogue for something that is not at all PNecklace related and immediately closed it because I didn't want to think about it, but it was stuck in my head and I decided it needed to get out so I could go back to not thinking about it, lol.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on May 04, 2021, 09:32:15 PM ---I ended up with a decent word count for a weeknight (600 something) last night and then wrote 256 words while getting ready this morning!  The more that becomes a part of my daily routine, the better I do with it.  I haven't written much more tonight, but I did finish my chapter!  It ended up being 5,496 words!  I think that's my longest chapter so far in this story.
--- End quote ---

That is a decent weeknight word count! I think that's about where I'll end up today unless I get motivated on the chapter after this one, which is possible. I'm happy you're making morning writing part of your routine and that it's going well! 256 words is a lot while getting ready.

Wow, almost 5,500 words! That's a lot! Glad Kevin in montage land is getting some good stuff written about him! I'm happy you finished the chapter! I hope you get a little more writing in so you have a good cliff hanger to start with tomorrow morning. :)

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on May 04, 2021, 09:32:15 PM ---Yes!  I agree about the clean house, and if I didn't live alone, I would definitely agree about the husband or roommates being gone.  I would have a hard time with anyone else in the house.

--- End quote ---

I know, you like your solitude while writing. I don't know if listening to hubs' background baseball noise makes writing go better or worse, but I'm happy he's back for the next 24 hours. Then back to me alone again. Maybe I'll write a million words on Thursday, lol.

nicksgal:
So I was going to go to bed an hour ago, but checked my chapter word count and thought "Ugh, I can write 100 more words in the next twenty minutes or so to finish this chapter." So I set myself up a little fifteen minute word sprint and wrote about 400 words, but hadn't reached the end of the chapter yet (since I knew the cliffhanger I wanted to leave it on), so I kept writing and wrote 300 more words, then went back in and filled in my lazy word sprint notes to myself (describe x).

Apparently these little word sprints really get the job done. Where have these been my whole life?

So, I ended up writing about 1,600 words total today and finished another chapter. I apparently am doing two days per chapter right now, lol. Two down, twelve to go. Tomorrow is update day and Masked Singer, so I can't really see myself keeping up this pace, but who knows! Tomorrow's my real test, I suppose. My word count is on par with May 10th, so at least I'm a few days ahead of myself if the rest of the week is a little less wordy. Still writing six words a minute though; clearly not very fast!

nicksgal:
Guys, update day takes so long, lol. I haven't even written anything yet today.  :o I have to get on that.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on May 04, 2021, 10:09:16 PM ---Now that you mention niece, I think it was a niece. I feel like I've heard Howie talk about Nick being at his house all the time for the ladies and not Howie, lol. Poor Howie. I like to think it was for loving family time and cute girls being a bonus. Was this in the doc? I swear I'm not making it up! lol

--- End quote ---

You're probably right.  I don't remember for sure.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on May 04, 2021, 10:09:16 PM ---As you know, I am a sucker for Frick and Frack. I went to bed at the regular time, lol. But I've written about 500 words today so far, so I will stay on my two days per chapter streak. I also wrote 100 words of dialogue for something that is not at all PNecklace related and immediately closed it because I didn't want to think about it, but it was stuck in my head and I decided it needed to get out so I could go back to not thinking about it, lol.

--- End quote ---

Ooh, I'm intrigued.  It's good to get it down on paper so it will leave you alone - and so you won't forget it later.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on May 04, 2021, 10:09:16 PM ---That is a decent weeknight word count! I think that's about where I'll end up today unless I get motivated on the chapter after this one, which is possible. I'm happy you're making morning writing part of your routine and that it's going well! 256 words is a lot while getting ready.

Wow, almost 5,500 words! That's a lot! Glad Kevin in montage land is getting some good stuff written about him! I'm happy you finished the chapter! I hope you get a little more writing in so you have a good cliff hanger to start with tomorrow morning. :)

I know, you like your solitude while writing. I don't know if listening to hubs' background baseball noise makes writing go better or worse, but I'm happy he's back for the next 24 hours. Then back to me alone again. Maybe I'll write a million words on Thursday, lol.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's probably the most I've ever written while getting ready.  Now that I am documenting my start and stop times on Nano, I realized I had it open for about 45 minutes as I was getting ready.  Usually it's more like 15 minutes while I dry my hair, and I get less than 100 words written.  This morning I wrote 72, which was the start of the next chapter, so at least that's out of the way.

Glad you get your hubby back for a day... and then more time to yourself tomorrow.  That sounds like a good balance.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on May 05, 2021, 12:26:37 AM ---So I was going to go to bed an hour ago, but checked my chapter word count and thought "Ugh, I can write 100 more words in the next twenty minutes or so to finish this chapter." So I set myself up a little fifteen minute word sprint and wrote about 400 words, but hadn't reached the end of the chapter yet (since I knew the cliffhanger I wanted to leave it on), so I kept writing and wrote 300 more words, then went back in and filled in my lazy word sprint notes to myself (describe x).

Apparently these little word sprints really get the job done. Where have these been my whole life?

So, I ended up writing about 1,600 words total today and finished another chapter. I apparently am doing two days per chapter right now, lol. Two down, twelve to go. Tomorrow is update day and Masked Singer, so I can't really see myself keeping up this pace, but who knows! Tomorrow's my real test, I suppose. My word count is on par with May 10th, so at least I'm a few days ahead of myself if the rest of the week is a little less wordy. Still writing six words a minute though; clearly not very fast!

--- End quote ---

That's awesome!  I love those nights when I just can't stop writing, even if it means I'm extra tired the next day.  The word sprints really do seem to help!

My word count is back down to 2 words a minute LOL, so at least you're faster than me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version