Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Just a general pop in thread  (Read 22170 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Just a general pop in thread
« Reply #255 on: October 20, 2024, 09:23:44 AM »

Can I just say, I don't know if I'm going to last through the end of this election cycle! I need Zanax! I don't know about you, but I wake up angry and stay angry all day long. I don't know if that's what it's like for you in Wales, Steph. Hopefully you don't have a megalomaniac trying to take over your country.  LOL Thank GOD for the Mets. They've been a great distraction, but I'm afraid their run will be ending today and then all I'll have to look forward to is some press tour stuff from Kieran before he disappears again. I need him to host SNL is what I need! Help me manifest this into existence! And his movie is coming out November 1st so there's that. He's been a private person ever since he was a kid. He said seeing what his big brother went through and how it destroyed him was enough for him to stay the hell away from being out in public.

Also, Congrats on hitting your 1,000 day hitting streak mark! Maybe you'll make it to 2,000!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #256 on: October 20, 2024, 11:39:25 AM »

I hear you.  I can't wait for the election to be over... and hopefully go the way we want it to!  Two more weeks...

I forgot to say it in my last post, but I've actually been following postseason baseball for the past week or so.  I'm rooting for your Mets to hang in there!  I hate the Dodgers.  I was also rooting for poor Cleveland, but the damn Yankees got the best of them last night.   A subway World Series would be fun for New York!

I would love to see Kieran host SNL!  They've had some good hosts and musical guests so far this season.

Thanks!  At the rate I'm going with this story, I may well make it to 2,000 and still be writing this series LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #257 on: October 21, 2024, 09:11:14 AM »

It makes me happy when people root for the Mets. Thanks! They had a great season. I belong to a few Mets FB pages, and it amazed me the amount of people who came on to say what a great job the Mets did this year and that after their teams were out of it they were all in on the Mets. Even Dodgers fans came in to say how great they were. The only people who didn't were Phillies fans, because they are the worst!  ::)

Now I have to rely on my emotional support Kieran to stay out in public and give me a few late night interviews and of course SNL. It wouldn't hurt if he was on another awards circuit run. He's getting rave reviews for A Real Pain so you never know!  ;)

It might very well be the same series. Who knows? It might even be the same story! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #258 on: October 23, 2024, 03:05:17 AM »

Here in Wales we are governed by the same as the rest of the UK, and he's not doing a very good job of it so far!  I don't think our prime minister will last the full four years.

I hope you don't end up with Orange Hitler again :(

Mare, I do remember your Duran Duran story, you got trampled while waiting for hours to meet them and then didn't get to see them.  How awful that must've been.  I would've cried I think, especially after all that :(

Julie, the whales and dolphins were amazing.  It was worth putting up with the roasting hot weather for them lol.  And how lucky you got to spend time in Scotland and Ireland, such lovely places.  I've only been to Edinburgh, so looking forward to exploring further.  I've been to Belfast and parts of southern Ireland and they were lovely places too.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #259 on: October 24, 2024, 10:28:46 AM »

I did cry at the time, but now it's just a funny story that I do plan on sharing with Duran Duran if I ever get to meet them. (which I won't) *sigh*

I truly hope we don't get orange Hitler again, but next week is the last peaceful week this country is going to have in a long time. After election day, nothing is going to be the same. He's going to insist he won, and his followers are going to riot. I'm kind of scared about what might actually happen. One of his unhinged followers commented on a FB post I made a few days ago about Trump mocking a handicapped person and he went off on this long incoherent rant and ended by claiming I lost my intelligence and shouldn't be teaching children lol This is a guy who was smart and now he sounds like a lunatic. It's so odd. Still not sure if I'm going to respond. I hate giving jerks the last word but sometimes no response is maddening to people like him.  :crazy: :shrug: We shall see.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #260 on: Today at 02:20:53 AM »

I agree that sometimes ignoring people like that is better than responding.  They like to think they've got to you if you're interacting.  He sounds like a brainwashed idiot anyway.  Better off just blocking people like that.

I hope you don't end up with riots after the election.  If Trump loses he should just accept it like any normal person would (although he's not just a normal person is he).

You never know about Duran Duran, you may meet them one day, or one of them in some random place.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #261 on: Today at 07:19:25 AM »

He's definitely not going to accept. He's already said as much since the start of his campaign. If he doesn't win, it's obviously rigged. He's had his followers ready for it too. Shit show!

I think it will be funny if I randomly run into them at the grocery store or something lol
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]