Welcome > Suggestion Box

Chat room or discussion group?

(1/2) > >>

honey:
Hey! Love the site and the new discussion boards. I was just thinking, I don't know if its something people would be intrested in or even use,  but there are quite a few of us that seem to be here so much it might be fun to have group chats every now and then or like a fanfic discussion group. I belong to this book group where we all pick a book to read that month and then meet and talk about it. We could do the same thing. Feature a fan fic every month and then set a day and time to discuss it with each other and/or talk to the author. Something like that might be fun... I dunno...

I'm definately no web master so I have no idea ilf thats something thats even possible, I was just throwing the idea out there.

mare:

--- Quote from: honey on December 23, 2006, 02:58:48 PM ---Hey! Love the site and the new discussion boards. I was just thinking, I don't know if its something people would be intrested in or even use,  but there are quite a few of us that seem to be here so much it might be fun to have group chats every now and then or like a fanfic discussion group. I belong to this book group where we all pick a book to read that month and then meet and talk about it. We could do the same thing. Feature a fan fic every month and then set a day and time to discuss it with each other and/or talk to the author. Something like that might be fun... I dunno...

I'm definately no web master so I have no idea ilf thats something thats even possible, I was just throwing the idea out there.

--- End quote ---

Hi Honey!

Those are both very good ideas. The chat room idea works in the chat thread kind of. It's not as good as if you are Iming each other but still a way to get a conversation going.

You can start a random come chat with me thread or have a romance chat night or a suspense chat night or maybe Supernatural something like that.

The book of the month club is something I used to do in a groupd called Fanfic Fun. Every month we took a fanfic and discussed it.

I plan on starting something like that up again here. Not only will we be opening a thread up for the featured story of the month starting in January, where we can disucss the story, but I'll be doing a FFF (fanfic fun) related thread as well. Picking a story and having everyone dicuss it by chapter. Assigning what chapters to read etc...

I won't always use just a AC story though.

then maybe after i'm done with the first one someone can pick another one etc...

Both of your ideas will be utitlized soon ;)

honey:
Well you're just on top of things here aren't ya! Great job with everyhting by the way. I know how much work something like this is (very time consuming) and you guys do a wonderful job!  I'll be looking forward to everything! Enjoy the holiday!

julilly:
Their ideas are catching up with ours Mare lol The holidays have to end so we can get to work on our evil plots :)

nicksgal:
Evil, huh? :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version