Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Featured Story for July 2007 - Pandora's Box by Nick's Gal  (Read 28892 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: Featured Story for July 2007 - Pandora's Box by Nick's Gal
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2007, 08:34:55 PM »

There were times I felt their relationship went past mere friends. ;)  LOL... just the way Minako acted about where their friendship was heading. And some of Renne's comments made it seem taht way too
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2007, 09:23:45 PM »

That wasn't intentional, I promise...

But then again, my view of a best friendship is a bit skewed, my best friend was... maybe is now, who knows... anyway... male. My best friend was/is male... So, who knows what having a sole female best friend is like. *shrug*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2007, 09:27:38 PM »

*lol* Let me tell you.. Amanda and I are NOT like that. LOL!!
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2007, 09:28:21 PM »

Well, who knows. But no, no, there's no shoujo-ai here, promise.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2007, 09:30:16 PM »

I never said there was. It just seemed at certain points that one or the other loved the other as more then a friend. It seems like it's more apparent with Renee towards Minako though.  She gets awfully pissed off that Minako has a love interest and her closest chum is gay... or well part female, part male.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2007, 09:38:24 PM »

Well... Renee's feelings are a bit unexplained... Maybe we'll all get there after finals are over....

And that is probably the most ironic thing about that character decision. :D
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2007, 09:45:52 PM »

okay Dee, more questions for you lol

So help people like me out who aren't really into fantasy but might want to give this a try by answering these questions.

1) Are the boys the boys? If not give us a brief explanation of who is who and how they relate to each other. (I ask because sometimes it can all get confusing)

2) When do the boys show up in the story?

3) Who would you actually consider the main character? One of the boys or one of the female leads?

That should help :O)

Oh and another one, do you like mustard or ketchup on your hot dogs? lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2007, 10:08:07 PM »

1) Are the boys the boys? If not give us a brief explanation of who is who and how they relate to each other. (I ask because sometimes it can all get confusing) This is one of the key points of the story, so without giving too much away, yes, they are the Boys; it will all be clear in the end. As to the bulk of the story, they are the cardinal demons for Saphirsud, so yes, they're still together. Hmm... Well, Nick is Nick, Howie is Howie, Brian is Brian, Kevin is Kevin, and AJ is AJ. Their individuals roles are important to their role in the story and I hate spoilers, so... There's that answer.

2) When do the boys show up in the story? Well, like in most stories, not all the characters are introduced at once. So they each get their own introduction. I'm guessing on the chapters for sure, but... Nick (Second Chapter-this is a fact), Howie (Seventh Chapter), Brian (Twelth Chapter), Kevin (Eighteenth Chapter), AJ (Twenty-Seventh Chapter). I think those are right... So if you like Nick, he's around for a while. :D If you like AJ, sorry... :'(

3) Who would you actually consider the main character? One of the boys or one of the female leads? Well, if you take the entire series "The Legendary Pandora" into account (yes I know the other three are not written), the main character is actually Nick. In PBox by itself, Nick and Minako both share the role. It's dual main charactership. The story is as much about Minako's journey to this fantastical world as it is about who Nick is. If that makes any sense... ^_^;

Oh and another one, do you like mustard or ketchup on your hot dogs? lol Well... After doing the Hot Dog-A-Thon (run 3k and eat three hot dogs), I don't eat hot dogs because the thought of them makes me ill. But when I did eat hot dogs, I only put mustard on them... It was better that way, I think... Ketchup is too mild for hot dogs.
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2007, 10:46:58 PM »

1) Are the boys the boys? If not give us a brief explanation of who is who and how they relate to each other. (I ask because sometimes it can all get confusing) This is one of the key points of the story, so without giving too much away, yes, they are the Boys; it will all be clear in the end. As to the bulk of the story, they are the cardinal demons for Saphirsud, so yes, they're still together. Hmm... Well, Nick is Nick, Howie is Howie, Brian is Brian, Kevin is Kevin, and AJ is AJ. Their individuals roles are important to their role in the story and I hate spoilers, so... There's that answer.

2) When do the boys show up in the story? Well, like in most stories, not all the characters are introduced at once. So they each get their own introduction. I'm guessing on the chapters for sure, but... Nick (Second Chapter-this is a fact), Howie (Seventh Chapter), Brian (Twelth Chapter), Kevin (Eighteenth Chapter), AJ (Twenty-Seventh Chapter). I think those are right... So if you like Nick, he's around for a while. :D If you like AJ, sorry... :'(

3) Who would you actually consider the main character? One of the boys or one of the female leads? Well, if you take the entire series "The Legendary Pandora" into account (yes I know the other three are not written), the main character is actually Nick. In PBox by itself, Nick and Minako both share the role. It's dual main charactership. The story is as much about Minako's journey to this fantastical world as it is about who Nick is. If that makes any sense... ^_^;

Oh and another one, do you like mustard or ketchup on your hot dogs? lol Well... After doing the Hot Dog-A-Thon (run 3k and eat three hot dogs), I don't eat hot dogs because the thought of them makes me ill. But when I did eat hot dogs, I only put mustard on them... It was better that way, I think... Ketchup is too mild for hot dogs.

Thanks! And I agree about the hot dogs lmao

so boys are the boys but not really united as boys since they aren't together until around chapter 27 or so?

This is a sequel? So next question, should people read the first one before venturing onto this one?

And anything else you want to add that you might think would be helpful for people to know before reading?

i'm in ultra Oprah mood lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2007, 10:52:21 PM »

Thanks! And I agree about the hot dogs lmao

so boys are the boys but not really united as boys since they aren't together until around chapter 27 or so?

This is a sequel? So next question, should people read the first one before venturing onto this one?

And anything else you want to add that you might think would be helpful for people to know before reading?

i'm in ultra Oprah mood lol

Well, thanks for being in Ultra Oprah mode. :)

Yeah, hot dogs are really disgusting. :D

Well.. They all come together eventually, but I suppose that's how to put it... They basically were introduced as it felt right for them in the story... I guess, in that sense it was more important for the plot to be the way I envisioned it, than to have all the Boys in it right away...

Chronologicall y, yes, it's a sequel, but in terms of the story itself, it's actually the first part, if that makes any sense... The other stories are only floating around in my head anyway... But, since the focus of the series as a whole is the character of Nick, then you're supposed to read this one first and foremost, so the reader feels as if they're growing along with him. :)

Anything helpful? Hmmm... No, I don't think so. Just that I hope they're all willing to give it a chance. I know it's out there as far as BSB fan fiction goes, but... I think it's message is a very important one. :)
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2007, 11:17:22 PM »

okay so got that kiddies? NO feeding Dee hot dogs, you should read this one first, unless you have have the ability to float in Dee's brain which might be cool and scary at the same time... and she is trying to convey a message.

Oprah is going to bed now. Thanks for answering all those questions!

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2007, 11:20:34 PM »

I wish they could float into my brain, then they could tell me where I was going with Chapter Forty-Six. :D

And no, hot dogs are a no no.

Thank you, Oprah, sleep well. :)
~*Dee*~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2007, 12:08:42 AM »

Well.... Hmmm... I would probably introduce AJ earlier. But his character and roll is fitting for where he is introduced, so I like how that turned out, but.... He does appear rather late compared to the others.

Well, I'm reworking them because I feel there's some things I didn't address well enough. One that was pointed out to me was what exactly a demon looks like. So I changed that... Minako and Renee also had a lack of sown relationship, so I fixed that.... Just some things here and there I felt could be improved upon. :)

I would have liked to get to know him a little better before they all took off together to find the box but you're right, I don't know how you could have introduced him sooner.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2007, 12:13:34 AM »

Maybe in my re-writing, I can fix his lack of introductory character development... .

I do think that's another part that could use some work... But, I did fix Nick's introduction, so... I'm pretty happy about that. :)
~*Dee*~

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2007, 01:03:50 AM »

Hot dogs are YUMMY!! *says the pregnant lady*
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8