Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

Which quality is more important to you when reading a story?

That it's entertaining
That it's entertaining

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: Realistic vs. Entertaining  (Read 71762 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Realistic vs. Entertaining
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2007, 11:44:29 PM »

Oh Mel... That's why you call yourself "Mel Carter" or something. :D

Or MelODee Sumyr Sunnshyne, cause OMGz, that's a kewl pen name!!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2007, 11:44:49 PM »

LMAO And that's not at all teenyish right?

You said you joined when you were fifteen or something...

And to be fair, my last name on my email address is totally Mutou... :D *fangirl of the spikey haired one*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2007, 11:45:33 PM »

What? My Humps is not the most brilliant thing you have ever heard? I mean it's no Sexy Back, but still lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2007, 11:46:07 PM »

The "mature" fans are just mean... One pushed me when I was thirteen... *sniff*

Fergie is quality music? You're kidding... I think the world just exploded. Well... Yami's little world is safe... But the real one... definitely an earthquake or something...

Mare, have you noticed this trend among "those" types at LD?  They all love Fergie and Justin.  If we put up a poll on which song is better, Fergilicious or Climbing the Walls, I guarantee you all but one of the ones I hate would vote for Fergilicious.  Sabrinia would vote for CtW.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2007, 11:46:23 PM »

No, I know what you mean LOL.  Yay 11-year-olds!!  When an 11-year-old writes a story where the main character's name is Jinefer, and she kidnaps Nick and diagnoses his cancer, then it's sort of cute and endearing.  When a 28-year-old writes it... all in one paragraph and without spaces... it's just frightening.

Oh good... I was like, well gee, that sounded narcissitic.

I think the person who wrote it was nineteen at the time... Or in high school at least... So they're in their mid-twenties now, I think...

Oh gee, all those stories are in one paragraph... I'm like, don't you all even know what the "enter" key is? Honestly...
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2007, 11:47:11 PM »

Mare, have you noticed this trend among "those" types at LD?  They all love Fergie and Justin.  If we put up a poll on which song is better, Fergilicious or Climbing the Walls, I guarantee you all but one of the ones I hate would vote for Fergilicious.  Sabrinia would vote for CtW.

LOL yes, which is why I don't even bother anymore. It hurts my brain to think about it.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2007, 11:47:20 PM »

Or MelODee Sumyr Sunnshyne, cause OMGz, that's a kewl pen name!!!

I think I prefer nicksgal/Nick's Gal.... :D

Although I go by kawaiiyuugi sometimes now... Or Kawaii Dee-chan... But, that's just my name...
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2007, 11:47:32 PM »

What? My Humps is not the most brilliant thing you have ever heard? I mean it's no Sexy Back, but still lol

No, but if you crossed My Humps with Sexy Back, it would be the most amazing song in the history of music!!!!!!  I really think Justin and Fergie should collaborate... together, they could create a sound the likes of which have never been heard.  (And will never be heard again because anyone who hears it will suffer permanant hearing loss.)
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2007, 11:49:10 PM »

I don't know, I think they both have a run for their money by Danity Kane and the Pussycat Dolls.... If you ever wanted to see a strip show for an opening act...  there's a good one to watch. ::)
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2007, 11:49:20 PM »

I like to go by the Mary Sue spelling of my name, which is Joolee!  Double letters and unconventional vowels RAWK!!! :D
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2007, 11:49:51 PM »

Aren't they supposed to be BSB fans? Climbing the Wall is so much better.
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2007, 11:50:00 PM »

No, but if you crossed My Humps with Sexy Back, it would be the most amazing song in the history of music!!!!!!  I really think Justin and Fergie should collaborate... together, they could create a sound the likes of which have never been heard.  (And will never be heard again because anyone who hears it will suffer permanant hearing loss.)

They call call it I'm bringing my sexy humps back! Or if they want Greenpeace as a sponsor for their world tour they can call it I want my sexy humpback lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2007, 11:50:19 PM »

I don't know, I think they both have a run for their money by Danity Kane and the Pussycat Dolls.... If you ever wanted to see a strip show for an opening act...  there's a good one to watch. ::)

Oh yeah, LD loves those two groups as well.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2007, 11:50:59 PM »

:D

I think the first line would be "My Drumz are fergilicious baby..."

Hahahaha.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2007, 11:51:40 PM »

Aren't they supposed to be BSB fans? Climbing the Wall is so much better.

Ahh, and THAT is the million dollar question.  One would THINK that on a Bsb board, there would be Bsb FANS who would like Bsb SONGS.

But that logic does not seem to apply over at LD.  God forbid you make that argument; you will get SHOT DOWN.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25