Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Poll

Which quality is more important to you when reading a story?

That it's entertaining
That it's entertaining

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Realistic vs. Entertaining  (Read 71667 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Realistic vs. Entertaining
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2007, 12:05:42 AM »

Justin Llama is made of Win.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2007, 12:06:06 AM »

Third row is great. You're still totally close to the Boys. And, much as I love them, I'd rather save my $500 to... I don't know, pay my housing dues...

Huh... At our's it's A-Z before double letters on floor...

I think it depends on the venue... You have to do your research beforehand which I failed to do. So I was like Hmm.. Row D? Kick ass! I have 4th row seats. Nahh doesn't work that way...

Yea i don't think there's THAT much difference between 3rd and 1st. When I saw Nick on the Now or Never tour we wound up somewhere between 3rd and 4th rows and I was practically dying, so I'd be happy with that.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2007, 12:06:15 AM »

I think so too. :D  But hey, the girls on my forum love it!

But do you think they really enjoy it as much as we do? I think that might be a bit difficult.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2007, 12:06:25 AM »

I have to say I had incredible seats for both of my BSB concerts At Radio City I was in the fourth Row and Hershey I was in the 8th row center. ALtough I had one annoying fan keep putting a sign up every time one of the guys even came reomtely close to us and yes it was one of the crazy Ld fans her nickname is CAM lmao :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2007, 12:07:39 AM »

I think it depends on the venue... You have to do your research beforehand which I failed to do. So I was like Hmm.. Row D? Kick ass! I have 4th row seats. Nahh doesn't work that way...

Yea i don't think there's THAT much difference between 3rd and 1st. When I saw Nick on the Now or Never tour we wound up somewhere between 3rd and 4th rows and I was practically dying, so I'd be happy with that.

There's really little difference from like the first five or six rows up...

I held his hand at one point because I pushed my way to the front... Best time ever.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2007, 12:08:32 AM »

I have to say I had incredible seats for both of my BSB concerts At Radio City I was in the fourth Row and Hershey I was in the 8th row center. ALtough I had one annoying fan keep putting a sign up every time one of the guys even came reomtely close to us and yes it was one of the crazy Ld fans her nickname is CAM lmao :)

Huh... At my show, they said I couldn't bring my sign in because the Boys were afraid people would get papercuts...
~*Dee*~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2007, 12:09:17 AM »

You were at the Radio City concert Mare? So was I, but I was WAAAY back in like 26th row or sumthin.

I did get to go to soundcheck though which was pretty suh-weet! And I got to give Nick a shirt which he put on his head immdiately. It was pretty awesome... Then my 'friend' who is prolly another LDer (major psycho) had to embarass us AND Nick completely. It was interesting...

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2007, 12:10:01 AM »

PS... We have all the guests in here wondering what the heck we're rambling about. :D
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2007, 12:13:19 AM »

You were at the Radio City concert Mare? So was I, but I was WAAAY back in like 26th row or sumthin.

I did get to go to soundcheck though which was pretty suh-weet! And I got to give Nick a shirt which he put on his head immdiately. It was pretty awesome... Then my 'friend' who is prolly another LDer (major psycho) had to embarass us AND Nick completely. It was interesting...

Aww yup I was there but I think I was probably one of the only people who didn't get into a soundcheck lol I actually didn't realize how close I would be until we kept getting closer and closer I was off to the side (Where Brian walked up and Howie) but 4 rows in to the side was really really close lol

And Dee they didn't allow signs in Radio City I don't think but they did at Hershey.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2007, 12:16:41 AM »

Aww yup I was there but I think I was probably one of the only people who didn't get into a soundcheck lol I actually didn't realize how close I would be until we kept getting closer and closer I was off to the side (Where Brian walked up and Howie) but 4 rows in to the side was really really close lol

And Dee they didn't allow signs in Radio City I don't think but they did at Hershey.

Actually at Radio City there weren't too many people in the SC. I think there were 30 of us max. I think that was because it was early on in the tour before certain people realized that if they begged security and made nice with the bodyguards they could slip in. I think at RC all the contest winners were the only ones in. My friend won the passes and took me which I was thankful for. It was a really cool experience that I wish wasn't abused, so that everyone could get the chance to experience it.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2007, 12:17:36 AM »

Howie came out before mine to talk about his sister. I walked into the arena when he came on stage, it was a surprise.

Huh... You would think they would worry about paper cuts at all their shows...
~*Dee*~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2007, 12:19:41 AM »

Huh... You would think they would worry about paper cuts at all their shows...

I thought they didn't allow them at RC since it was indoors. I guess signs are allowed at outdoor venues cuz there's more room?

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2007, 12:20:59 AM »

Actually at Radio City there weren't too many people in the SC. I think there were 30 of us max. I think that was because it was early on in the tour before certain people realized that if they begged security and made nice with the bodyguards they could slip in. I think at RC all the contest winners were the only ones in. My friend won the passes and took me which I was thankful for. It was a really cool experience that I wish wasn't abused, so that everyone could get the chance to experience it.

*wants to go to a soundcheck*
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2007, 12:21:09 AM »

aww same here lol I'm glad you got to experience that. I just got annoyed because it seemed like it was always the same people getting into all the soundchecks. YOu know the people i'm talking about. The ones hwo get in good with the body guards just to get closer to the boys. It was annoying lol

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2007, 12:25:27 AM »

aww same here lol I'm glad you got to experience that. I just got annoyed because it seemed like it was always the same people getting into all the soundchecks. YOu know the people i'm talking about. The ones hwo get in good with the body guards just to get closer to the boys. It was annoying lol

Oh I know Mare... I know VERY well. Living so close to NYC definitely sucks because of a certain group of fans who tend to go to anything w/the boys in the entire state of NY. I used to really get upset cuz I went through that phase where I wanted to meet the guys really badly and I somewhat suceeded, but it was a frustrating process cuz certain fans just monopolize the guys and then bad mouth them behind their backs. It's just not worth it anymore... I went throuh a phase where I was rubbing elbows w/ a few of them and I just could never get comfortable. I felt like you were constantly having to watch out for the moment you were stabbed in the back. I'm not sure if there is another tour if I'd let myself get so involved.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25