Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

Which quality is more important to you when reading a story?

That it's entertaining
That it's entertaining

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25

Author Topic: Realistic vs. Entertaining  (Read 71677 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Realistic vs. Entertaining
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2007, 12:29:10 AM »

Oh I know Mare... I know VERY well. Living so close to NYC definitely sucks because of a certain group of fans who tend to go to anything w/the boys in the entire state of NY. I used to really get upset cuz I went through that phase where I wanted to meet the guys really badly and I somewhat suceeded, but it was a frustrating process cuz certain fans just monopolize the guys and then bad mouth them behind their backs. It's just not worth it anymore... I went throuh a phase where I was rubbing elbows w/ a few of them and I just could never get comfortable. I felt like you were constantly having to watch out for the moment you were stabbed in the back. I'm not sure if there is another tour if I'd let myself get so involved.

LOL yup, I know what you mean. I think for some of them it becomes an addiction almost. I am more than content with just being a fan from afar. I have met them all except for Nick because of charity things but even though some of my best friends are the people who would go to great lengths to meet them and talk to them, I stay back and leave them be. It makes me uncomfortable to invade other people's privacy.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2007, 12:31:08 AM »

I'd like to mee them once... But there are a lot of people who get overly obsessive with it.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2007, 12:32:21 AM »

LOL yup, I know what you mean. I think for some of them it becomes an addiction almost. I am more than content with just being a fan from afar. I have met them all except for Nick because of charity things but even though some of my best friends are the people who would go to great lengths to meet them and talk to them, I stay back and leave them be. It makes me uncomfortable to invade other people's privacy.

I've met Brian, AJ, and I guess you can say I met Nick. I ony have a picture with AJ though. I'd really like my picture with Nick and then I'd just die a happy woman, but it never seems to work out. I dunno if its just me, but Nick always seems pissy when he's in NYC, but then again seeing how some fans treat him I can see why. I've witnessed fans actually say some REALLY hurtful and embarassing things right to his face that were completely innapropriate.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2007, 12:34:50 AM »

I'd like to mee them once... But there are a lot of people who get overly obsessive with it.

Yup, and scary obssesive. Like I said a few of my very good friends who I love dearly i have openly admitted to them I don't enjoy being around them when the guys are there because they have personality changes. I think they've gotten much better but still, it took all the fun out of it for me and i'd get almost embarassed. And it's funny because Mel I bet we are talking about thae same exact click of fans lmao

Even at the charity events where the guys honestly do make time for everyone but there are always that select few that think they should get more time than everyone else for some reason.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2007, 12:36:07 AM »

I've met Brian, AJ, and I guess you can say I met Nick. I ony have a picture with AJ though. I'd really like my picture with Nick and then I'd just die a happy woman, but it never seems to work out. I dunno if its just me, but Nick always seems pissy when he's in NYC, but then again seeing how some fans treat him I can see why. I've witnessed fans actually say some REALLY hurtful and embarassing things right to his face that were completely innapropriate.

Ugh! I don't blame him and you're right it seems like that's where the bad fan encounters happen. I don't blame him lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2007, 12:37:52 AM »

Yup, and scary obssesive. Like I said a few of my very good friends who I love dearly i have openly admitted to them I don't enjoy being around them when the guys are there because they have personality changes. I think they've gotten much better but still, it took all the fun out of it for me and i'd get almost embarassed. And it's funny because Mel I bet we are talking about thae same exact click of fans lmao

Even at the charity events where the guys honestly do make time for everyone but there are always that select few that think they should get more time than everyone else for some reason.

Even at the charity events? That's really terribly rude. The Boys really have no obligation to any of them at all at a chartiy event.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2007, 12:39:50 AM »

I'm bringing sexy humpbacks... these big ol' whales don't know how to act... I'ma get get get get them drunk... my hump, my hump, my humpbacks...

Take it to the bridge!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2007, 12:40:35 AM »

Even at the charity events? That's really terribly rude. The Boys really have no obligation to any of them at all at a chartiy event.

Yes! You had to see what happened when Brian showed up at Howie's bowlathan. My goodness people were pushing and shoving all over the place. It was ridiculous! At the golf event I was almost pushed to the floor by a rabid fan from Germany because she didn't get a pciture with AJ and I happened to be standing in her way! lol

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2007, 12:40:57 AM »

And it's funny because Mel I bet we are talking about thae same exact click of fans lmao

I bet they are! For instance there was this one girl who desperately wanted Nick to sleep with her. I mean it was scary cuz she really was borderline groupie and some of the things she did to get close to him (like hooking up w/ some of Nick's well known friends) just to get close to Nick were like REALLY skanky. And honestly if at that point where she's throing herself at him and nothing is happening he obviously doesn't want her.

I went to the hotel once though and SAW real groupies hanging around. It ws really scary in a way and not something I liked seeing. Let's just say I have plenty of material if I ever wanted to write a fan fic about obsessive fans (which I have considered lol)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2007, 12:41:17 AM »

I'm bringing sexy humpbacks... these big ol' whales don't know how to act... I'ma get get get get them drunk... my hump, my hump, my humpbacks...

Take it to the bridge!

LMAO!!!! Wow that was quick Julie! I LOVE that!!!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2007, 12:41:28 AM »

Yes! You had to see what happened when Brian showed up at Howie's bowlathan. My goodness people were pushing and shoving all over the place. It was ridiculous! At the golf event I was almost pushed to the floor by a rabid fan from Germany because she didn't get a pciture with AJ and I happened to be standing in her way! lol

Ugh, I believe I know who you're talking about there LOL.  I'm surprised Brian doesn't have a restraining order against her yet.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2007, 12:41:32 AM »

Take it to the bridge!

LMFAO!!!!!!! :D I love it Julie! *gives a gold star*
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2007, 12:41:54 AM »

LMAO!!!! Wow that was quick Julie! I LOVE that!!!

Boredom works wonders. :D
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2007, 12:42:15 AM »

What is it with people pushing other fans, for the love of Ra.
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2007, 12:42:56 AM »

I bet they are! For instance there was this one girl who desperately wanted Nick to sleep with her. I mean it was scary cuz she really was borderline groupie and some of the things she did to get close to him (like hooking up w/ some of Nick's well known friends) just to get close to Nick were like REALLY skanky. And honestly if at that point where she's throing herself at him and nothing is happening he obviously doesn't want her.

I went to the hotel once though and SAW real groupies hanging around. It ws really scary in a way and not something I liked seeing. Let's just say I have plenty of material if I ever wanted to write a fan fic about obsessive fans (which I have considered lol)

EEP! lol okay my fan people aren't that bad. I have written an obsessive fan story BECAUSE of some of those fans lmao
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 25