Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

Which quality is more important to you when reading a story?

That it's entertaining
That it's entertaining

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: Realistic vs. Entertaining  (Read 71679 times)

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
Re: Realistic vs. Entertaining
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2007, 12:43:15 AM »

Even at the charity events? That's really terribly rude. The Boys really have no obligation to any of them at all at a chartiy event.

Oh yea! I've seen like girls in their 20's literally push helpless lil 10 yr olds out of the way to get closer to the guys. Really how much of a threat can a 10 yr old be?

LMFAO Nice pic julie!

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2007, 12:43:34 AM »

I bet they are! For instance there was this one girl who desperately wanted Nick to sleep with her. I mean it was scary cuz she really was borderline groupie and some of the things she did to get close to him (like hooking up w/ some of Nick's well known friends) just to get close to Nick were like REALLY skanky. And honestly if at that point where she's throing herself at him and nothing is happening he obviously doesn't want her.

I went to the hotel once though and SAW real groupies hanging around. It ws really scary in a way and not something I liked seeing. Let's just say I have plenty of material if I ever wanted to write a fan fic about obsessive fans (which I have considered lol)

Well, you know what they say, write what you know. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2007, 12:43:55 AM »

EEP! lol okay my fan people aren't that bad. I have written an obsessive fan story BECAUSE of some of those fans lmao

That should be the next LD poll... which poster is most likely to become Beautiful Girl?
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2007, 12:44:06 AM »

Ugh, I believe I know who you're talking about there LOL.  I'm surprised Brian doesn't have a restraining order against her yet.

LOL I know! Well she's more obssessed with his wife I think.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2007, 12:44:29 AM »

EEP! lol okay my fan people aren't that bad. I have written an obsessive fan story BECAUSE of some of those fans lmao

Well that was ONE very extreme case... The worst I ever saw in fact, but yea... They're out there

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2007, 12:44:53 AM »

Oh yea! I've seen like girls in their 20's literally push helpless lil 10 yr olds out of the way to get closer to the guys. Really how much of a threat can a 10 yr old be?

LMFAO Nice pic julie!

That was like me... A thirty-year-old pushing a thirteen-year-old... and not for a Boy, no... It was for merchandise...

For the love of Ra... *throws more rocks*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2007, 12:45:51 AM »

That should be the next LD poll... which poster is most likely to become Beautiful Girl?

I don't get it. :(
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2007, 12:46:07 AM »

LMAO You know it's CF. I based her on that one and now you see why I use code names?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2007, 12:46:43 AM »

Well, you know what they say, write what you know. :D

There is a scene in UMS that I kind of borrowed from experience that I know two of my "friends" did. There's a scene where Alyssa spends the night in Nick's hotel room and when she comes out the next morning these fan girls are all shooting her dirty looks like she's a whore and whispering crap about her. It was very interesting to take it from Alyssa's perspective.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2007, 12:47:12 AM »

I don't get it. :(

The name of the story I wrote is called Beautiful Girl. It's about an older fan who basically is buckets of crazy lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2007, 12:47:54 AM »

There is a scene in UMS that I kind of borrowed from experience that I know two of my "friends" did. There's a scene where Alyssa spends the night in Nick's hotel room and when she comes out the next morning these fan girls are all shooting her dirty looks like she's a whore and whispering crap about her. It was very interesting to take it from Alyssa's perspective.

I thought they were together... *very lost* But that is pretty harsh. :(
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2007, 12:48:41 AM »

The name of the story I wrote is called Beautiful Girl. It's about an older fan who basically is buckets of crazy lol

Scary... I think older fans can be jsut as bad as teenies sometimes....

Not anyone here, of course. :)
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2007, 12:49:37 AM »

LMAO You know it's CF. I based her on that one and now you see why I use code names?

True... poor Howie. :(
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2007, 12:50:58 AM »

Depends on the older fan. I think it's more maturity than age and some of the older fans (I'm talking in their forties and up) act like they are fifteen.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2007, 12:51:04 AM »

They are!!  CF on LD is 50+.  She's like older than my mom.  And she's a crazy Howie teeny... who, unlike real teenies, actually has money so she can go stalk him at all of his charity events.  That's what makes "mature" fans scarier than teenies.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25