Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Poll

Which quality is more important to you when reading a story?

That it's entertaining
That it's entertaining

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: Realistic vs. Entertaining  (Read 71695 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Realistic vs. Entertaining
« Reply #165 on: July 13, 2007, 12:59:03 AM »

LOL yes it is! I don't thikn they even realize they do it though which is scary!

It also scared me how all the older type fans were crowding aroudnd Leighanne And Baylee at the golf thing. At the time Baylee was really little and also not feeling well.

It just creeped me out lol

That's terrible... It's not their fault their related to a Backstreet Boy... Honestly... People need to back off the families, seriously...
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #166 on: July 13, 2007, 12:59:26 AM »

I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of them ave husbands/significant others....

I mean, they obviously live their life in pursuit of said Backstreet Boy...

I honestly know some who do.  And they still spend tons of money traveling to other parts of the country to meet up with their crazy old lady friends and stalk Bsb together.  But maybe their husbands just cheat on them when they do, so it all evens out LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #167 on: July 13, 2007, 01:00:21 AM »

Gee, this thread went a little OT, didn't it? :D
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #168 on: July 13, 2007, 01:00:49 AM »

LOL that's another thing!!!  I have to wonder what the husbands of these women think... especially the ones who refer to "Thor" and write tons of visuals and stuff.  Fanfic itself is one thing, but when you're constantly writing out your sex fantasies with Nick or Kevin WHILE married... that's kinda weird to me.  If I were the husband, I'd feel rather inferior...

It makes you wonder what other things they hide from their husbands... I mean, I guess I would be relieved it's just a fan fic... But... I mean, honestly... Why write fictional sex with a celebrity when you can go have actual sex with the person you're *supposed* to love unconditionall y?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #169 on: July 13, 2007, 01:01:35 AM »

Pervs with fetishes for big old crazy women?

Huh... Wouldn't they rather the teenies needed the extra cash?

That is quite a fetish though, I suppose...
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #170 on: July 13, 2007, 01:01:40 AM »

It makes you wonder what other things they hide from their husbands... I mean, I guess I would be relieved it's just a fan fic... But... I mean, honestly... Why write fictional sex with a celebrity when you can go have actual sex with the person you're *supposed* to love unconditionall y?

Exactly!  They must have miserable lives.
~Julie

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2007, 01:02:37 AM »

LOL that's another thing!!!  I have to wonder what the husbands of these women think... especially the ones who refer to "Thor" and write tons of visuals and stuff.  Fanfic itself is one thing, but when you're constantly writing out your sex fantasies with Nick or Kevin WHILE married... that's kinda weird to me.  If I were the husband, I'd feel rather inferior...

Ok I admit I've made a Thor joke or two in the past, but only in a comical context and NEVER in front of Nick's face of course. Some fans DO take it too far though, I agree. But then again you always have the Brian fans damning the Nick fans to hell for some of the things they say lol. Usually a lot of the stuff is just joking around, but sometimes it IS creepy.

And yea I think these men would get jealous too, but when you look at who they're with the guys aren't exactly a walk in the park. Guess they can't do better or sumthin.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2007, 01:02:43 AM »

Huh... Wouldn't they rather the teenies needed the extra cash?

That is quite a fetish though, I suppose...

*shrug*  There's fetishes for everything, so I'm sure someone out there would be turned on by that...  (where's the puking smiley when I need one?)
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #173 on: July 13, 2007, 01:02:52 AM »

I don't know how they afford to do all that stuff either. I mean I guess at least it's going to a great cause but you know what fires me up? When they get all bent out of shape (epsecially the Howie people) if you want anyone to ask about the album or the other guys. They are always like "Wah wah wah this is a charity event for Howie's family wah wah wah" Well i'm so sure that they would care that much if Howie wasn't in BSB. They are only going to see Howie so stop trying to pretend it doesn't matter that he's a BSB.

I was lucky for the Brian golf thing because I happened to be going down to Nashville on Vacation to begin with. The Howie thing, I did splurge but I loked at it like a mini vacation and my own book release party since my book came out a few days before their CD did. lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #174 on: July 13, 2007, 01:03:11 AM »

I honestly know some who do.  And they still spend tons of money traveling to other parts of the country to meet up with their crazy old lady friends and stalk Bsb together.  But maybe their husbands just cheat on them when they do, so it all evens out LOL.

Really? For the love of Ra...

That's probably it... If I were the husband that's what I would do... Assuming I just didn't get a divorce or something. "Okay, have fun stalking Nick, sweetie. I'm going to call my mistress."
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2007, 01:03:28 AM »

Ok I admit I've made a Thor joke or two in the past, but only in a comical context and NEVER in front of Nick's face of course. Some fans DO take it too far though, I agree. But then again you always have the Brian fans damning the Nick fans to hell for some of the things they say lol. Usually a lot of the stuff is just joking around, but sometimes it IS creepy.

And yea I think these men would get jealous too, but when you look at who they're with the guys aren't exactly a walk in the park. Guess they can't do better or sumthin.

Yeah, but you're not married (right?).  I think it's different when you're married and talking (and writing) about a Backstreet Boy's penis LOL.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2007, 01:03:48 AM »

Gee, this thread went a little OT, didn't it? :D

Being off topic is fun! :D
~*Dee*~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2007, 01:04:16 AM »

And that's the reason I'm still writing fan fiction! LOL J/k

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2007, 01:04:42 AM »

Really? For the love of Ra...

That's probably it... If I were the husband that's what I would do... Assuming I just didn't get a divorce or something. "Okay, have fun stalking Nick, sweetie. I'm going to call my mistress."

Heck yeah LOL.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2007, 01:05:15 AM »

*shrug*  There's fetishes for everything, so I'm sure someone out there would be turned on by that...  (where's the puking smiley when I need one?)

I suppose that's right... Not my kind of fetish...

Pointy haired boys wearing belts all over their bodies?
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25