Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Poll

Which quality is more important to you when reading a story?

That it's entertaining
That it's entertaining

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: Realistic vs. Entertaining  (Read 71675 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Realistic vs. Entertaining
« Reply #180 on: July 13, 2007, 01:06:53 AM »

I don't know how they afford to do all that stuff either. I mean I guess at least it's going to a great cause but you know what fires me up? When they get all bent out of shape (epsecially the Howie people) if you want anyone to ask about the album or the other guys. They are always like "Wah wah wah this is a charity event for Howie's family wah wah wah" Well i'm so sure that they would care that much if Howie wasn't in BSB. They are only going to see Howie so stop trying to pretend it doesn't matter that he's a BSB.

I was lucky for the Brian golf thing because I happened to be going down to Nashville on Vacation to begin with. The Howie thing, I did splurge but I loked at it like a mini vacation and my own book release party since my book came out a few days before their CD did. lol

They're all such big fat hypocrites. It's really annoying. And I always get yelled at for saying the music is the most important thing... And then I get, "Then why do you write fanfics?" I like writing... *shakes head*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #181 on: July 13, 2007, 01:07:07 AM »

LMAO yes we have moved this to 12 pages lol people will come in, in the morning and be like wow they must have gotten into a very intense debate about realistic fan fiction versus entertaining fanfics lmao
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #182 on: July 13, 2007, 01:07:14 AM »

Yeah, but you're not married (right?).  I think it's different when you're married and talking (and writing) about a Backstreet Boy's penis LOL.

VERY far from it actually LOL Good so I can still talk about it (lol I keed)

But yea... Its creepy. I find the older fans usually have the most explicit stories too. Some of those olde women... Damn can we say desperate housewives? LOl

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2007, 01:07:39 AM »

Yeah, but you're not married (right?).  I think it's different when you're married and talking (and writing) about a Backstreet Boy's penis LOL.

I think it's better if you're not married. *nod* Then you're just being young with hormones. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2007, 01:08:19 AM »

And that's the reason I'm still writing fan fiction! LOL J/k

Me too.
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2007, 01:08:47 AM »

Heck yeah LOL.

I think I'd like to interview the husband of a BSB stalker... It might be very interesting.
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2007, 01:09:15 AM »

I sometimes wonder if any of them tell the truth about anything though. If their husbands really know what they are doing, if they are really even married lol or do they say they are going somewhere else?

I wonder if the hubbies know about the fanfic writign thing as well? I know no one knows I write fanfic lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2007, 01:09:48 AM »

LMAO yes we have moved this to 12 pages lol people will come in, in the morning and be like wow they must have gotten into a very intense debate about realistic fan fiction versus entertaining fanfics lmao

To be fair, it did stem from a very unrealistic fan fic... :D

And we are having an intense debate... Just about the Backstreet fandom.
~*Dee*~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2007, 01:09:53 AM »

I think it's better if you're not married. *nod* Then you're just being young with hormones. :D

At least I have an excuse. I'm not getting any so at least I can write about it LOL. But seriously there's not even THAT much sex in my stories.

Well it's not EXACTLY o/t... We're err discussing how we can incoporate crazy obsessed fans into our fan fics thus making them more realistic... Nods

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #189 on: July 13, 2007, 01:10:24 AM »

lmao yes

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #190 on: July 13, 2007, 01:10:44 AM »

VERY far from it actually LOL Good so I can still talk about it (lol I keed)

But yea... Its creepy. I find the older fans usually have the most explicit stories too. Some of those olde women... Damn can we say desperate housewives? LOl

I know LOL... you've got 50-year-old women writing Nick visuals, and it's like, uh... when you were Nick's age, he was 4 years old.  I'm sorry, but that's weird!!  I've got no problem with people that age being fans, but lusting after them like that kinda weirds me out.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #191 on: July 13, 2007, 01:11:14 AM »

I sometimes wonder if any of them tell the truth about anything though. If their husbands really know what they are doing, if they are really even married lol or do they say they are going somewhere else?

I wonder if the hubbies know about the fanfic writign thing as well? I know no one knows I write fanfic lol

Honestly, I really think they lie about having husbands... Because I would not put up with that if I were a husband.

Well, I know a lot of people keep their fanfiction writing a secret, so... probably not...
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #192 on: July 13, 2007, 01:12:03 AM »

and let's not even get into the older 'straight' guys who seem to be just as obsessed lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #193 on: July 13, 2007, 01:12:13 AM »

I know LOL... you've got 50-year-old women writing Nick visuals, and it's like, uh... when you were Nick's age, he was 4 years old.  I'm sorry, but that's weird!!  I've got no problem with people that age being fans, but lusting after them like that kinda weirds me out.

Me too... It's really creepy... Because they seem like pedophiles...
~*Dee*~

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #194 on: July 13, 2007, 01:12:26 AM »

Well, I think Kelly mentioned that her husband knows she writes fan fiction... But there again Kelly is not one of those super scary sex obsessed fan woman types LOL
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25