Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Just a general pop in thread  (Read 366 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Just a general pop in thread
« Reply #30 on: Today at 10:17:20 AM »

Hopefully!  People can be so pushy.  I don't mind people throwing out suggestions as long as they can accept the fact that I may not use them.  It bothers me when people I've never heard from otherwise do that, though.  Like, have you even read my work??  How come you've never left a comment before?  So rude.

I enjoy your occasional tweet thread about the importance of giving feedback, btw.  The lack of comments on AO3 is really pathetic.  I feel like I can't complain because, if you sort stories by number of comments within the BSB fandom, many of my novels show up on the first page... and yet, I get very few comments there compared to what I used to get on AC.  And most of the ones I do get are from the same few people.  (Thanks, Steph!)  I always reply, too, which then doubles the total number of comments.  I don't like that replies count because that is also misleading.  I don't know why people there - even fellow writers - are so reluctant to comment.  You don't even have to be registered or signed in to do it!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 2 [3]