Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Featured Story of the Month for October 2007 - Hawk and a Handsaw by Julilly

<< < (9/25) > >>

honey:
oh yeah, and that crack about Nick touching Brian? SOOOOOO funny! And SOOOOO Nick!

julilly:
Honey, thank you so much! I'm really glad you're enjoying it. I have kind of a dry sense of humour and quite often people don't really get it so I'm always worried about mimicking that in my fics, but I guess it worked out alright lol

It does get a little bit more serious, but I try to go back to it being light as much as possible. The next chapter you will read (4) is a little darker.

Teri:
Okay I finally checked this story out and I'm impressed! I love it! And I have a question for ya Julilly. (Don't know if this was already asked) How'd you come up witht the name of the story?

julilly:

--- Quote from: Teri on October 09, 2007, 03:50:30 PM ---Okay I finally checked this story out and I'm impressed! I love it! And I have a question for ya Julilly. (Don't know if this was already asked) How'd you come up witht the name of the story?

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. As for the title the question was part of Mare's initial questionnare but I certainly don't mind retelling!! :)

It's part of a quote from Hamlet. "I am but mad north-north-west: when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw." What it's saying is that sometimes although he may seem crazy, he isn't, and that's how I went into this thinking of Brian. If he told anyone what was going on they would all think he was crazy even though he was telling the truth.

mare:
My thoughts on chapter 4 part one lol

First of all, what another clever idea you had with the library of memories. You have quite the creative mind! And I love your descriptions in the first part of this chapter. I wish there really was a place to put all your bad memories. Hide them away from the world. Wouldn't that be awesome? And I was able to see the bright light when Flora opened the door.

I agree with Kelly, your portayal of a fun loving Nick is a welcome sight in what could be a very dark story but at the same time, I really think you did need a chapter like this one to describe his anguish at being dead.

Great job! And you do rock at dialogue!

:)

How did you come up with the idea for the library of memories?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version