Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for October 2007 - Hawk and a Handsaw by Julilly  (Read 27014 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

lol yes I did, but now you're fixed
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

lol yes I did, but now you're fixed

Aaah, there we go!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

lol it's because of that damn shirt key again!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

lmao you're pink

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Spoiler alert!

Chapter 8

LMAO I loved the comedy in this one! And I totally see why you had to bring Valerie into the story. My favorite part was when she asked if Nick ever is quiet and Brian's answer to that. Gotta also love the Nick jabs at Leighanne and the Abbott and Costello reference.

I hope you'll be ready to make your next deadline because i'm getting closer to chapter 14!!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

Spoiler alert!

Chapter 8

LMAO I loved the comedy in this one! And I totally see why you had to bring Valerie into the story. My favorite part was when she asked if Nick ever is quiet and Brian's answer to that. Gotta also love the Nick jabs at Leighanne and the Abbott and Costello reference.

I hope you'll be ready to make your next deadline because i'm getting closer to chapter 14!!

I'm reeeaaally trying!! I have until midnight tonight lol
~Maple Jellybean~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

Spoiler alert!

Chapter 8

haha yeah that was a great line, but I think my favorite was that whole bit about Brian having to kill himself if he had to explain how he loved Leighanne and Nick differently again. Nick's response almost made me fall out of my chair.  :D  But yeah, Valerie's cool and I can only imagine having to watch Brian and Nick in action. I'll bet it's entertaining.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..

Wooot.. I finally (re)read the whole thing tonight..
14 chapters in a row..
That only happens when I really really like a story, so feel good about yourself and your writing ;)
I really love this story.
It is a very serious subject, but you manage to have me laughing out loud, and still be on the edge of my seat.
In a lot of stories, I think authors don't manage to mix humor with horror/suspense/drama and not turn the story into a comedy or something.
So you really did a good job on that!

I love the Ghost-hommage by the way! Great movie which always makes me cry.

Now, maybe you already answered this question (I haven't read the whole thread yet because I didn't want to read any spoilers if they were there)..

But why did you decide to add a Valerie and not a 'Steve' to this story?
In other words, why choose a female to help Brian and Nick instead of a man?

And how did you come up with the title? < Never mind, I've skimmed the whole thread by now and already know the answer lol..

I love the "I only have a Coke" line by AJ by the way. It's such a 'dry' comment, as we say over here.

So for another question:

(And I'll make it a 'ciphered' one, for everyone who hasn't read the latest chapter yet)

- The thing Nick can do in the latest chapter, did you already have that planned out as well?
And why did you decide to make it go great from the start instead of him having difficulty doing it?

It is a great idea by the way! A bit macabre maybe, but still a great idea.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 03:23:59 PM by Nijntje »
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

Wooot.. I finally (re)read the whole thing tonight..
14 chapters in a row..
That only happens when I really really like a story, so feel good about yourself and your writing ;)
I really love this story.
It is a very serious subject, but you manage to have me laughing out loud, and still be on the edge of my seat.
In a lot of stories, I think authors don't manage to mix humor with horror/suspense/drama and not turn the story into a comedy or something.
So you really did a good job on that!

I love the Ghost-hommage by the way! Great movie which always makes me cry.

Now, maybe you already answered this question (I haven't read the whole thread yet because I didn't want to read any spoilers if they were there)..

And how did you come up with the title? < Never mind, I've skimmed the whole thread by now and already know the answer lol..

I love the "I only have a Coke" line by AJ by the way. It's such a 'dry' comment, as we say over here.

So for another question:

(And I'll make it a 'ciphered' one, for everyone who hasn't read the latest chapter yet)

- The thing Nick can do in the latest chapter, did you already have that planned out as well?
And why did you decide to make it go great from the start instead of him having difficulty doing it?

It is a great idea by the way! A bit macabre maybe, but still a great idea.

I'm glad you liked it enough to (re)read the whole thing!! I missed my deadline for chapter 15, so hopefully I'll get it out this weekend.

Now, onto your ciphered question. Right from the very planning stages I had wanted Nick to do that. That's why certain things happened earlier in the story. I didn't want him to have a hard time because... and this will sound weird... I felt like it should be second nature. We have all of these things that as people we just know how to do, and despite how complex they may be we think they're simple every day tasks. I wanted him to have gained a different set of "second nature" type things since he doesn't do the regular ones anymore. So I felt that what he did was something more like 1+1=2 rather than complex algebra.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Oh no!! You're missing your deadline!

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

Oh no!! You're missing your deadline!

I completely missed it. I'm gonna try to finish it today for 10% off.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

I hope so!!

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..

Thanks for answering my question, Julilly! But what about the other one? ;)
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster

I'm sorry, I completely left this question out of my last answer period! lol

To put it simply... Valerie is not a Steve because I felt that the interaction between the characters might not be as free if it were another guy. I could see both the characters being hesistant to trust another guy, whereas a female seems far more approachable, and trustworthy. Plus, Nick wouldn't be able to make crude jokes around a guy lol
~Maple Jellybean~

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9